Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Dissapointed and frustrated

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> Dissapointed and frustrated Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dissapointed and frustrated - 2/16/2016 10:44:14 AM   
toyma

I have been a PM user since old ages and thought it was good- even suffered through ironic support answers such as "keep PM 16 AND 17 installed at the same time to preserve your fonts", or had to change my operating system into English so the program would work. I bought the old PM16 version for my PC, and being sent PM17 on Disk to try and resolve the issues that arose then. I made it work. Lousy customer support too.

UNLUCKY for me - I have a very big catalog of cards and designs which made me keep the program. And then my WORST mistake: buying the MAC version. What a disappointment, no updates, no importing my work, not able to design 'properly', change anything, not even zoom in or out. Having to design cards and banners and labels in PHOTOSHOP.

With my program getting older every day, and not being offered an update. Never. And when I try to login to the support page - of course - my email was nowhere to be found. When I keep it on my email account.

Just venting out - I have the feeling that it won't get me anywhere else. I am sad, disappointed and frustrated.
Post #: 1
RE: Dissapointed and frustrated - 2/16/2016 12:08:17 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: toyma
the MAC version. What a disappointment, no updates, no importing my work, not able to design 'properly', change anything, not even zoom in or out. Having to design cards and banners and labels in PHOTOSHOP.

Printmaster v6 is an entirely different program from Printmaster v17, so while you can't import old projects, you would export your old projects as JPG (having first deleted any text that you do not want to be permanent). Then these JPGs can be utilized in any graphics program you decide to use, Printmaster, Photoshop, Word, etc.

quote:

Having to design cards and banners and labels in PHOTOSHOP

Personally, I find that making cards, banners and labels in Photoshop, much harder than doing them in Printmaster v6 which has the templates pre-designed for double-sided folded cards and multiple labels per sheet.

There is a setting you edit so that the program can zoom in and out without pixelating. I'll go look it up and come back to post it.

(in reply to toyma)
Post #: 2
RE: Dissapointed and frustrated - 2/16/2016 12:13:58 PM   
ellengard

I hope this works for you because I found it in the Printmaster 7.0 forum.
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=50632

(in reply to toyma)
Post #: 3
RE: Dissapointed and frustrated - 2/16/2016 12:39:03 PM   
nonnox15

I agree with TOYMA, i was very disappointed with v6.
I make a large number of greeting cards for family etc.
I like to be able to reuse one, just changing the wording, maybe varying the clipart, etc.
Exporting as JPEG will not work, since you cannot altar jpeg.
I like having 2 or more projects open at one time, copying from one to the other, or just working on one and changing to the other.
I too have been using Printmaster since Gold.
Very disappointed in v6 and doubt that I will try v7.
I think I will look for a program from another company that will work.
I don't like having to buy a new program, but that may be my only choice.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 4
RE: Dissapointed and frustrated - 2/16/2016 1:05:31 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: ellengard
export your old projects as JPG (having first deleted any text that you do not want to be permanent). Then these JPGs can be utilized in any graphics program you decide to use, Printmaster, Photoshop, Word, etc.

quote:

ORIGINAL: nonnox15
I like to be able to reuse one, just changing the wording, maybe varying the clipart, etc.
Exporting as JPEG will not work, since you cannot altar jpeg.

Uh, this is exactly what works... if you want to reuse your old Printmaster designs. With your JPG in another program's project, just add your new words. Also add a new clipart, if you want. Try it out! Go download a free version of some other program or use a program you already have. MS Word perhaps. No need to purchase anything else, just to practise this.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 2/16/2016 1:06:38 PM >

(in reply to nonnox15)
Post #: 5
RE: Dissapointed and frustrated - 2/16/2016 1:36:34 PM   
toyma

Thanks ellengard. I was reading nonnox15's answer, and we both agree on so many things. Compared to 16 or 17, this 6.0 version seems like the beginning of a program, not an evolution. They have taken away many features and options, and one has to investigate how to do things, adding color or changing a simple line into a dashed line seems like an impossible task. To be honest, my 16/17 bundle is the only thing left in my very old and slow pc, but I won't get rid of it until I find something better to work with.

Do you know if I am entitled to upgrade to 7.0? I select upgrade and it tells me the program is updated. But since the last update happened, I get this funny window when opening

Thanks,

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: Dissapointed and frustrated - 2/16/2016 2:38:55 PM   
ellengard

Printmaster 6.0 is a totally different program. Don't imprison yourself in a PM17 mindset. If you did that in Photo Shop, you would never learn how to really use Photo Shop.

Editing a line is so easy. But use the instructions from the 6.0 manual, not 17!

I don't know what that error means. Does it prevent you from running the program? If yes, you will need to submit a tech support ticket.

Version 7.0 is not a update in the sense that we get Windows updates. It's the newer version of the Printmaster program, very similar to version 6.0.

(in reply to toyma)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> Dissapointed and frustrated Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4