Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Postcards 4 Per 8.5x11 sheet

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> Postcards 4 Per 8.5x11 sheet Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Postcards 4 Per 8.5x11 sheet - 4/12/2016 6:31:24 PM   
lonewolf

I just bought Printshop 4.0 Deluxe. For years I've used PS 23 with great success and ease creating post cards used in business. I have now spent a total of 2.5 hours trying to figure out PS 4.0 and how can I create my own postcards 4 card per 8.5 x 11 sheet of card stock. I viewed this exact subject from a February 2016 post but the suggestion by Ellen does not apply because my software does not have an Avery drop down card stock menu. This is my last attempt before I box up the software and send it back to Amazon.
Post #: 1
RE: Postcards 4 Per 8.5x11 sheet - 4/12/2016 6:48:18 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: lonewolf
I viewed this exact subject from a February 2016 post but the suggestion by Ellen does not apply because my software does not have an Avery drop down card stock menu.

Sure it does!

Make sure you are in the Ready-Made Postcards gallery. Then click the Filtering options drop-down arrow (under the Search button) to choose the Paperstock filtering option. Click the Paperstock drop-down arrow and choose 8387 from the list.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 4/12/2016 6:53:09 PM >

(in reply to lonewolf)
Post #: 2
RE: Postcards 4 Per 8.5x11 sheet - 4/12/2016 7:06:21 PM   
ellengard

This is the Print Preview for my project file for 4 postcards per sheet. Very easy to edit this template design.

You can click the email button under my avatar to request my file.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 4/12/2016 7:23:50 PM >

(in reply to lonewolf)
Post #: 3
RE: Postcards 4 Per 8.5x11 sheet - 4/13/2016 10:29:34 AM   
lonewolf

Hi Ellen,

First I tried to email you as you mentioned but it came back un-deliverable.

I followed your instructions as they seem to be the exact instructions you offered a previous post from February 2106. I made numerous attempts with even trying to use the drop downs from the various fields to different degrees and without any success of an Avery paper stock menu dropping down. Regardless of doing exactly as you outlined or trying to configure the other drop downs all I get for postcard paper stock available is 6x4 or 5x7 without any mention of Avery standardized sizes. I am using Printshop 4.0 Deluxe on Windows 10 which up to the most latest updates my early version of Printshop 23 worked fine.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 4
RE: Postcards 4 Per 8.5x11 sheet - 4/13/2016 10:32:58 AM   
lonewolf

Since I am at work now without access to my computer with the Printshop software I will not be able to try Ellen's suggestion until later this afternoon EST.

(in reply to lonewolf)
Post #: 5
RE: Postcards 4 Per 8.5x11 sheet - 4/13/2016 12:35:54 PM   
ellengard

It seems the email system at this forum is temporarily down, so I supplied my email address in My Profile. Click my username above my avatar to see it. We don't post email addresses in the forum because webbots can then collect them for spammers.

I will be happy to email you my template for 4 postcards per sheet.

(in reply to lonewolf)
Post #: 6
RE: Postcards 4 Per 8.5x11 sheet - 4/13/2016 12:45:03 PM   
JasonC

Seems to be incorrectly working as all emails bounce back, I've reported the issue hopefully it can be fixed soon. Sorry for the inconvenience

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
RE: Postcards 4 Per 8.5x11 sheet - 4/13/2016 4:17:44 PM   
ellengard

Hi, lonewolf,

Here's a possible solution. See if you have this ready-made project in your Postcards gallery. Use these keywords and hopefully this project will appear. It is a 4 per sheet postcard project that you can edit with your own graphics and text.

If this project doesn't appear, then I can email one to you.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to lonewolf)
Post #: 8
RE: Postcards 4 Per 8.5x11 sheet - 4/13/2016 4:57:48 PM   
lonewolf

First off I am going to re-install the software. Perhaps there was an error on the original install. I'll let you know Ellen.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 9
RE: Postcards 4 Per 8.5x11 sheet - 4/13/2016 5:05:49 PM   
JasonC

Make sure when you remove the current instance of Print Shop 4.0 to check for a folder in C:\Program Files x86

If you see a folder in there called Print Shop 4.0, delete it, empty your recycle bin, restart your computer and then attempt the installation again. It's very important also to disable your Internet Security as I've seen it mess with the installation process.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to lonewolf)
Post #: 10
RE: Postcards 4 Per 8.5x11 sheet - 4/13/2016 5:43:12 PM   
lonewolf

Ellen, I have tried to re-install the software to no avail. Also, I do not have the flag template that you show. After all these efforts it would appear to me that Encore/Borderbund has significantly cheapened their product over the years. Its unfortunate because I really loved Printshop 23 and was looking forward to the newer version. Instead I got but a poor imposter. I have contacted Encore for a return authorization for a ful refund. It is packaged in the container I received it in waiting to be dropped off at the post office first thing tomorrow.

Thank you for your assistance

(in reply to lonewolf)
Post #: 11
RE: Postcards 4 Per 8.5x11 sheet - 4/13/2016 9:46:24 PM   
ellengard

I'm sorry to hear you're giving up the program. I know you said you spent 2.5 hours learning this program. It certainly took me longer than that. I use a lot of different graphics programs. They all have their different strengths. Print Shop 4.0's strength is that it comes with more graphics and templates than anyone else. With other programs that I like and use, you have to buy template packs separately.

I am a guest contributor to The Print Shop blog (see my link below). Everything article I submitted about a project, I really did make, so really, this program can do quite a lot.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 4/13/2016 9:50:47 PM >

(in reply to lonewolf)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> Postcards 4 Per 8.5x11 sheet Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4