Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

copying a calendar from one collection to another

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> copying a calendar from one collection to another Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
copying a calendar from one collection to another - 10/19/2016 4:41:22 PM   
Puffin2014

I am using Calendar Creator 12 Deluxe. I set up 2 collections of calendars, and would now like them to be one collection. Now that I better understand how categories work, I don't need 2 collections and would like to be able to print one calendar that includes the categories from both collections.
Post #: 1
RE: copying a calendar from one collection to another - 10/19/2016 6:03:42 PM   
DEJenc3

You should be able to do this by importing one calendar into the other.

I suggest you pick what you consider the primary calendar collection. Save it with another name, e.g., Calendar 1. Then import the other into it: from the menu, choose: File, Import, Events. Browse for the *.bcc file for the other calendar, and select it, and click Open. The events, and their Categories, should now be in the newly-named calendar.

Try the calendar out, searching for events from different times, and browse the Categories in the Event List view. You may have some tweaking to do, but with luck you'll have what you want.

When it's what you want, you can make backup copies of the old calendars for safety, and rename the combined Calendar to what you want.

David

(in reply to Puffin2014)
Post #: 2
RE: copying a calendar from one collection to another - 10/19/2016 6:42:05 PM   
Puffin2014

Thank you, that seems to have worked just fine.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 3
RE: copying a calendar from one collection to another - 10/19/2016 6:58:11 PM   
Puffin2014

When I closed the program, and reopened it, all the calendars are listed in Recent Calendars, but now when I click on any of them it takes me to the list of template events, from Australian holidays to US Presidents birthdays. How do I get back to the .bcc where my calendars were listed?

(in reply to Puffin2014)
Post #: 4
RE: copying a calendar from one collection to another - 10/19/2016 7:32:31 PM   
DEJenc3

If you don't see your calender in the list of choices when you go to Open a collection, that means it's saved in another location. There are a couple of ways to identify the path:
An easy one is right-click on the Calendar Creator desktop or taskbar button, and choose yours from the list of Recent files. When it opens, use the menu choice File, Save Collection As, and note the file's path.

When you go to open a calendar collection, it will search in the default location for calendars, possibly something like this:
C:\ProgramData\Broderbund Software\Print\Calendar Creator
It may vary with the version of Windows that you use.

You can change the default path in Calendar Creator Preferences to your Documents folder, or wherever you want.

Likewise, you can Save Collection As and specify a path.

The other way to find your calendar would be to use File Explorer to search for your file, specifying *.bcc
That should turn up all Calendar Creator collection files.

David

(in reply to Puffin2014)
Post #: 5
RE: copying a calendar from one collection to another - 10/19/2016 8:20:47 PM   
Puffin2014

I found my calendars in my documents folder, and discovered when the program opens if I just close that box that opens with the list of Recent calendars, I can instead find my list of calendars by opening the File tab and clicking on them there instead.
Thanks for your help.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 6
RE: copying a calendar from one collection to another - 10/19/2016 8:33:17 PM   
DEJenc3

Glad that worked. There are enough variables that it's sometimes hard to give an answer.

Here's a tip: in the CC menu: File, Preferences: go to the Startup tab, and click the button for "Open last calendar used." If you use mainly one calendar, it'll make your Calendar Creator life easier.

David

(in reply to Puffin2014)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> copying a calendar from one collection to another Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4