Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

custom envelopes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> custom envelopes Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
custom envelopes - 11/6/2016 5:42:22 PM   
confuzzled

I can't find my answer, so I'll just post. I'm using windows 10 anniversary edition 1607 with Print shop Pro 3.5.
I only want to mail merge and print some envelopes. The merge is no problem.

When I try to print, the return address is coming out way too far to the right, and the graphic on the bottom left hand corner isn't printing at all. I've done the custom setup for 8 wide by 5.5 tall, all to no avail. I use an Epson workforce 7520. This worked fine last year, but now I can't even find the edit button or change stock button. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Confuzzled, and always waiting patiently
Post #: 1
RE: custom envelopes - 11/6/2016 7:55:23 PM   
ellengard

Envelope printing is working perfectly for me as long as my project size matches the envelope paper size I select in my printer setup.

However, when I add a custom size to my printer's list of paper sizes, my Print Shop project will not print to that size! I think it's a bug because I can print to a custom size using other programs.

My workaround is to choose an existing paper size in my printer's list which is pretty extensive, so I can usually find something close, if not exact.

(in reply to confuzzled)
Post #: 2
RE: custom envelopes - 11/6/2016 7:59:21 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: confuzzled
When I try to print, the return address is coming out way too far to the right, and the graphic on the bottom left hand corner isn't printing at all.

This can happen when your printer setup is portrait instead of landscape (or vice versa).

(in reply to confuzzled)
Post #: 3
RE: custom envelopes - 11/6/2016 9:18:27 PM   
confuzzled

Yes, created custom stock from scratch. Yes, I ran thru the printer settings when it came up, and yes I have current drivers.
It still cuts off a little below half from to to bottom of what's being printed and prints the return address further right than I set it. (On the edge)

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 4
RE: custom envelopes - 11/6/2016 9:20:51 PM   
confuzzled

I thought of this and tried both ways. Same results. Does printshop 4.0 work better than this and is it windows 10 compatible?

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: custom envelopes - 11/6/2016 10:32:10 PM   
ellengard

I am using version 4.0 which is Win 10 compatible, but I think it has the same problem with a custom size. Does your printer have a paper size that comes very close to your custom size? Select that instead. I suggest this only because I think the problem has to do with custom size.

All my printing is perfectly aligned with any of the paper sizes in the printer settings just not custom size.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 11/6/2016 10:38:16 PM >

(in reply to confuzzled)
Post #: 6
RE: custom envelopes - 11/6/2016 10:59:46 PM   
confuzzled

quote:

ORIGINAL: ellengard

I am using version 4.0 which is Win 10 compatible, but I think it has the same problem with a custom size. Does your printer have a paper size that comes very close to your custom size? Select that instead. I suggest this only because I think the problem has to do with custom size.

All my printing is perfectly aligned with any of the paper sizes in the printer settings just not custom size.

I've tried even the preset sizes and they aren't printing right either. It just doesn't seem to matter. I didn't have this problem last year or the year before. Same setup. The only thing that has changed is the upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1.
I sure would like to have a win 10 compatible version of AG CreatACard! I loved that software.

< Message edited by confuzzled -- 11/6/2016 11:01:38 PM >

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
RE: custom envelopes - 11/6/2016 11:09:52 PM   
ellengard

Can you print a custom size envelope from a different program to see if the problem is limited to Print Shop?

(in reply to confuzzled)
Post #: 8
RE: custom envelopes - 11/6/2016 11:40:43 PM   
confuzzled

I don't think I have another program to do that with. I will look in the morning. I've shut down the computer for the night. Maybe a fresh outlook in the morning will help.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 9
RE: custom envelopes - 11/7/2016 1:07:23 AM   
ellengard

quote:

I didn't have this problem last year or the year before. Same setup. The only thing that has changed is the upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1.

Since the operating system changed, maybe a fresh re-install of the program and its update, will fix the problem

(in reply to confuzzled)
Post #: 10
RE: custom envelopes - 11/7/2016 7:58:52 AM   
confuzzled

Duh! I really was tired last night. Of course I have another program that will do custom envelopes. I have the whole office suite and a full version of acrobat.

I thought about the reinstall, but I hate the idea of doing all that. Does anybody have a quick Informational link to a clean install of print shop Pro 3.5? I want to make sure I uninstall it completely if I do a reinstall, or can I just do a reinstall over top of what's there?

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 11
RE: custom envelopes - 11/7/2016 9:10:05 AM   
confuzzled

Custom envelopes print just fine in Word.

I'll try a reinstall later after I get some errands done, and post back.

(in reply to confuzzled)
Post #: 12
RE: custom envelopes - 11/7/2016 12:07:08 PM   
JasonC

When you uninstall your copy of the program, do a search under C:\Program Files X86 to see if a Print Shop 3.5 folder is left over. If it is make sure that you delete any left over file folders, and then install the program from scratch.

I double checked for Printer Drivers for your unit and they are here: https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/WorkForce-Series/Epson-WorkForce-WF-7520/s/SPT_C11CB58201

Looks like Windows 10 is a supported OS for these drivers so you do have the latest drivers as said in your posting.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to confuzzled)
Post #: 13
RE: custom envelopes - 11/7/2016 1:07:48 PM   
confuzzled

Did and done, and yes, I STILL have the most current driver for my printer. The problem still exists. However, I've found the cause. No matter what I do or how many times I change it in the print dialog, the output size box reverts to what I don't want. (see image for what I'm talking about)

Now, if I choose portrait on everything, then rotate my text boxes and images, it prints fine. Please Encore, Can we have a patch for this problem?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 14
RE: custom envelopes - 11/7/2016 2:08:17 PM   
confuzzled

If print shop 4 has all this crap fixed, tell me, is there a discount on the purchase of print shop pro 4 for owners of 3.5.5.0?
If there is, tell me how to take advantage of it please.

< Message edited by confuzzled -- 11/7/2016 2:09:25 PM >

(in reply to confuzzled)
Post #: 15
RE: custom envelopes - 11/7/2016 3:04:13 PM   
JasonC

quote:

If print shop 4 has all this crap fixed, tell me, is there a discount on the purchase of print shop pro 4 for owners of 3.5.5.0?
If there is, tell me how to take advantage of it please.

I am not sure about the issue you're having with the envelopes and The Print Shop 4.0

However if you're a previous owner of The Print Shop 3.5 and wish to inquire about upgrading pricing, please call 1-800-395-0277 and Customer Service would be more than happy to discuss that with you.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to confuzzled)
Post #: 16
RE: custom envelopes - 11/7/2016 3:41:33 PM   
ellengard

quote:

...I've found the cause. No matter what I do or how many times I change it in the print dialog, the output size box reverts to what I don't want. (see image for what I'm talking about) Now, if I choose portrait on everything, then rotate my text boxes and images, it prints fine.

I am out for the day, but when I get home to my computer, I can check this out in version 4.0. If I recall from my previous projects, the paper size showing in the Print Dialog box didn't matter. It was the size that I selected in the Properties that the printer actually takes into account.

I also find that custom stocks must be defined as portrait with
width: the smaller the number
height: the larger number

When you select the custom stock, you also select landscape orientation when appropriate. This was always the case in the really old versions of Print Shop, as well.

This will get rid of the need to rotate everything on portrait.

Edited: This is the way it works in 4.0, the same way it works in 3.5 to the best of my knowledge. So make sure you define your custom stocks as portrait with W smaller than H.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 11/7/2016 3:44:59 PM >

(in reply to confuzzled)
Post #: 17
RE: custom envelopes - 11/7/2016 9:52:27 PM   
confuzzled

I'm really beginning to think my whole problem with this, somehow, is operator error. It's very frustrating, when I know this worked beautifully before. I even made some beautiful wedding invitations that rivaled professionally printed ones for my granddaughter's wedding last year. I'll keep plugging away I guess. I don't want to let this thing beat me!

I do know that I have no problem doing this in word, and I was even able to import the xml file address book for mail merge there. (After I opened it and re-saved it with excel)

Ellen ..... thanks for bearing with me on this.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 18
RE: custom envelopes - 11/8/2016 2:05:54 PM   
ellengard

That's clever, knowing how to work with the xml file. You were the one who saw the connection of the prefix and the title values

Do let me know if defining your custom stock as portrait and width smaller than height solves the problem. Open your custom stock as landscape. I think that should do it because you said
quote:

if I choose portrait on everything, then rotate my text boxes and images, it prints fine.
so that suggests to me that you entered the width as the larger number.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 11/8/2016 2:08:17 PM >

(in reply to confuzzled)
Post #: 19
RE: custom envelopes - 11/9/2016 12:18:09 PM   
confuzzled

ok ---- nothing is working right when it comes to printing. Here's a step by step and two pcs at the end of it all.

new > create blank project > name it > choose envelope as type > default goes to single sided landscape only only other choice is double sided landscape > click new in bottom half of window > name it, paper dimansions (inch) width 8 height 5.5 > save as project type envelope > click save > click create > work space comes up > fill in with all desired text and graphics > save as > saved.

Print preview (looks right) > click print > paper size choices do not offer this new env > leave it on 8.5X11 but ouput size is correct >orientation is set to landscape> click printer properties > paper source cassette 1 > document size user defined > new window, I define paper size as 8X5.5 and save >orientation set to landscape > choose print preview for printer > click OK > I get this:
see next post for what it looks like in print shop preview

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.5 >> custom envelopes Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4