Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Changes in Print Shop 4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> Changes in Print Shop 4 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changes in Print Shop 4 - 11/21/2016 3:45:18 PM   
wordsmith418

I recently updated from PS 23 to Version 4. I'm gradually getting used to it, though it is not a transparent, easy adjustment. But I'm disappointed that this version seems to have dropped some of my favorite features. Am I correct that I can no longer change colors on a particular image used in a project, but just on the project background? Also, I can't find a way to look at two projects at once (i.e. pages of the same overall project saved separately) in a split or shared-screen form, like I could before. I have not yet found the "undo" icon, which seems like it should be in the basic task bar at the top of the screen for easy use throughout the process of working on projects. And while I see that I can resize objects while maintaining the aspect ratio, it's a bulkier, more time-consuming process than it used to be, just using the arrow at a corner of a box or image. Even capturing the cursor to resize an object on screen is harder in this version--sometimes it doesn't respond easily. I've used Print Shop for many years, in different forms, and always found it quite functional but these problems seem like steps back, not forward! Are others having similar problems and concerns?
Post #: 1
RE: Changes in Print Shop 4 - 11/21/2016 9:58:19 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: wordsmith418
... change colors on a particular image used in a project, but just on the project background?

The "Pro" version's Image Editor can apply effects such as "Tint" or "Sepia" that change an image's color. This program can't do specific recoloring (changing HSB/RGB values).

quote:

I can't find a way to look at two projects at once (i.e. pages of the same overall project saved separately) in a split or shared-screen form

We can only switch views between projects, not split screen.

quote:

I have not yet found the "undo" icon

The Undo button is in the Home tab. I find it convenient to Ctrl-z for undoing.

quote:

I've used Print Shop for many years, in different forms, and always found it quite functional but these problems seem like steps back, not forward! Are others having similar problems and concerns?

This is not an update of the old Print Shop you are familiar with. This program was developed separately as a desktop publishing page layout program for Windows 7 and up. More features have been added since the introduction of The Print Shop 3.0, and I expect that will continue.

I do find this current version does take up a lot more resources and maybe I need more than 4GB RAM to handle resizing less sluggishly.

On the plus side, I can work with PNG images with partial transparencies. The old Print Shop could only handle PNG images with 100% transparent areas.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 11/21/2016 10:16:35 PM >

(in reply to wordsmith418)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> Changes in Print Shop 4 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4