Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Adding Events

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Calendar Creator (2016 Release) >> Adding Events Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Adding Events - 12/27/2016 2:02:10 PM   
Bob Murphy

I cannot add an event. I go through the motions and all looks fine as I prepare the event. But when I click the OK button the program returns me to the calendar without adding the event.
If I modify one of the existing events - such as a holiday - it does work "sorta" in that part of the updated material is added. An embellishment such as "age" doesn't show up at all.

I have done a clean uninstall of the program and that didn't help.

Has anyone been able to do this okay?
Post #: 1
RE: Adding Events - 12/27/2016 6:29:40 PM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bob Murphy

I cannot add an event. I go through the motions and all looks fine as I prepare the event. But when I click the OK button the program returns me to the calendar without adding the event.
If I modify one of the existing events - such as a holiday - it does work "sorta" in that part of the updated material is added. An embellishment such as "age" doesn't show up at all.

I have done a clean uninstall of the program and that didn't help.

Has anyone been able to do this okay?

You can create new categories for events to show up on the Calendar. But it's hit and miss sometimes, you can add them to the pre-made categories, and they will appear. If you want to correct your mistake on the events, you will have to delete it from the list of events and try it again.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to Bob Murphy)
Post #: 2
RE: Adding Events - 12/28/2016 8:00:19 PM   
Pat49

I have been trying to add events to the Calendar by following the steps from the How to help but the program
will not work. I did get it to add one event and went to do another and it did not work. I have tried to enter the same
event 10 time by using the add event icon and selecting the event that I want to add and no luck. The only way I can
add anything is by using text but I want to add a back ground color to the event and text will not support that. I have
also tried to change the background for a given day and that will not work as it is advertised in doing. The big
program lies in the event adding for me.
Any help would be helpful!

(in reply to Bob Murphy)
Post #: 3
RE: Adding Events - 12/28/2016 10:08:35 PM   
ellengard

I just finished watching the video for adding an event.
http://www.broderbund.com/calendar-creator-videos/#Videos
At the end she says, "Notice that the event was successfully created and can be added to your calendar project." This suggests to me that you can create all sorts of events, but they aren't instantaneously added to your project. I think you then choose from your events list, which ones you want in your calendar.

This is my best guess since I don't have this program.

(in reply to Pat49)
Post #: 4
RE: Adding Events - 12/29/2016 8:17:13 AM   
Bob Murphy

I too have been unable to add events in anything like a consistent manner. I have talked with CC tech support and they were unable to help.
At their direction, I uninstalled both CC 12.1 and the new version, removed some extraneous files and reinstalled CC. No help.

I have given up and returned my software for a refund. Perhaps the next version will be more ready for prime time!

Bob Murphy

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Adding Events - 12/29/2016 5:05:23 PM   
Pat49

Thanks for letting me know that I am not the only one having problems. As of 12/29/16 I no longer have the
software installed. I have returned the software for a refund as it gave me another worse error that shut down the
software completely. This was a java error. Even after uninstalling and reinstalling twice the software will not not
work as the java error did something somewhere either on the internet or in a hidden file that is not deleted.

(in reply to Bob Murphy)
Post #: 6
RE: Adding Events - 12/30/2016 11:40:32 AM   
JasonC

Sorry for the trouble you're experiencing with the software. The latest Oracle Java Runtime would help with the program running. However, there can be many causes in why the software causes this error. Did you work with our Tech Support team and if so, what did they say about it?

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to Pat49)
Post #: 7
RE: Adding Events - 12/31/2016 4:35:19 PM   
Pat49

I did send a copy of the error message to the tec people and they told me that it would be forwarded
to the correct people and that they would get back to me on the problem so I am waiting to here from them.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Calendar Creator (2016 Release) >> Adding Events Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4