Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Saving cropped image to computer

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> Saving cropped image to computer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Saving cropped image to computer - 4/14/2017 9:30:37 PM   
lrcox

I am having a problem saving a cropped to shape photo to my hard drive. It saves as the original image without the cropped corners. I am using Printshop Delux 4.0.
Post #: 1
RE: Saving cropped image to computer - 4/15/2017 1:05:24 AM   
ellengard

Unfortunately, you can't save a cropped image because the program doesn't permanently remove the cropped areas. The "cropped" image can be saved in the My Photos gallery, where it can then be added to a project and it appears cropped and will print that way. At any time, you can take it back into the Image Editor and uncrop or recrop the image.

If you want to have a cropped image file outside of the program, you put the cropped version in a custom size project, then save the project as JPG. This won't produce a image with a transparent background, though.

If you cropped your image into a shape such as a circle, and you want to end up with a PNG with transparent background, see this blog article:
http://printshop.com/blog/2016/1/3/making-a-logo-with-a-transparent-background.aspx

The advice to create a JPG first, then bring the JPG into the Image Editor to remove the white background, will help you create a PNG with transparent background.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 4/15/2017 1:28:22 AM >

(in reply to lrcox)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> Saving cropped image to computer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4