Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

I hate PrintMaster 7 very upset

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 7.0 (released 2015) >> I hate PrintMaster 7 very upset Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I hate PrintMaster 7 very upset - 5/16/2017 4:53:23 PM   
kjgrwv1

I purchased this worthless program a couple of months ago because I kept getting error messages on my PrintMaster Plat 18 program AFTER installing Windows 10..... I have so many custom forms, envelopes, mail merge, from 18 for my side business and cant get any to work with 7 and FORGET trying to get 7 to work EASILY tried just a simple envelope and it wants you to set up the margins ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I tried a template for a #10 envelope and it wants to print like a sheet of paper it gives no options for flap up, down etc. and the envelope wont fit in my printer width wise???

I can actually use PM18 and get it to work easier than 7 I just skip the error messages and it goes into the program (there are a few glitches but at least I can still print my custom forms envelopes labels etc.

I wish I never wasted my money on this POS? I will NEVER order from them again after this catastrophe.
Post #: 1
RE: I hate PrintMaster 7 very upset - 5/16/2017 6:32:22 PM   
ellengard

See if you can get a refund:
http://support.encore.com/customerservice/refunds.aspx

The PrintMaster program for Win 10 is nothing like version 18, so there is no cross-compatibility. It requires learning how to use the program from scratch. It can do forms, envelopes and mail merge, but since it does these things differently, it can be very frustrating to use this program as if it were similar to version 18.

For forms, envelopes, and mail merge, perhaps the free OpenOffice would work better for you. PrintMaster 7.0 is more of a crafting software than a small business software.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 5/16/2017 6:35:49 PM >

(in reply to kjgrwv1)
Post #: 2
RE: I hate PrintMaster 7 very upset - 5/16/2017 7:08:49 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: kjgrwv1
... I tried a template for a #10 envelope and it wants to print like a sheet of paper it gives no options for flap up, down etc. and the envelope wont fit in my printer width wise???

For this program, printing a #10 envelope will always be the same way for a particular printer. For me, it's short end first, flap on left side.

Settings -
Paper Size: Number 10 Envelope
Scale: Actual Size
Image Size: Full Page

Page Setup -
Make all your margins zero. If your printer can't do zero margins (most printers can't for envelopes), your printer will default to its smallest margin.

So after a couple tries, you'll see your printer's preferred way to print #10 envelopes. It may be the same way as mine above.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 5/16/2017 7:13:11 PM >

(in reply to kjgrwv1)
Post #: 3
RE: I hate PrintMaster 7 very upset - 5/17/2017 9:56:57 AM   
JasonC

Hello kjgrwv1,

I wanted to thank you for posting to our forums. It's understandable that when a program is frustrating that it may send you to the boiler point and cause anger. You have come to the right place to get assistance for this product. While PrintMaster 7 is much different than PM 18.1, once you learn a few things, you will be able to print almost anything you like.

ellengard provides wonderful advice on how to print out envelopes. If you decide that PM 7 is not your cup of tea and would still like to use your old projects, Print Shop 23.1 may be an option for you. It has been tested to run on Windows 10 with minor difficulties but may break when Microsoft decides to release another major update to their operating system.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to kjgrwv1)
Post #: 4
RE: I hate PrintMaster 7 very upset - 5/18/2017 12:01:53 AM   
ellengard

It took me some time to learn the new PrintMaster, but I got a lot out of it. I posted this project here:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=52255

We printed 50 of them. They looked spectacular. Loved how the graphics and the mini calendars turned out. I'll probably be designing her 2017 promo postcard with PrintMaster 7.0 again.

I did mention that this program is good for crafting, like this scrapbook page I made:

and this year-at-glance wall calendar:

< Message edited by ellengard -- 5/18/2017 12:17:21 AM >

(in reply to kjgrwv1)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 7.0 (released 2015) >> I hate PrintMaster 7 very upset Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4