Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Printing 2-sided in Calendar Creator

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Calendar Creator (2016 Release) >> Printing 2-sided in Calendar Creator Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Printing 2-sided in Calendar Creator - 1/2/2018 3:41:53 PM   
precca

I recently purchased Calendar Creator (having owned Calendar Creator 12 which just started crashing when I save or add photos).
I am creating a monthly calendar that hangs vertically with a photo page above the calendar page. When I go to print, 2-sided
is not listed as an option on the screen. In the user guide it shows 2-sided as an option, but the user guide illustration does not
match what my software shows. How do I print 2-sided?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Printing 2-sided in Calendar Creator - 1/2/2018 3:52:05 PM   
JasonC

Does your screenshot say something such as "Print using system dialog" show as a blue link at the bottom left?

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to precca)
Post #: 2
RE: Printing 2-sided in Calendar Creator - 1/2/2018 3:54:21 PM   
JasonC

As a test, I rendered a PDF to see if it would trigger a "Please reinsert sheet" message and it did not.

My guess is that you may be able to set this up in your printer settings or force it to flip the paper every other sheet but it's not possible from within this program.

Might be if you click on the "Print using System Dialog link.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to precca)
Post #: 3
RE: Printing 2-sided in Calendar Creator - 1/2/2018 4:17:22 PM   
precca

I tried using the Print Dialog box setting for 2-sided, but it just sits in the spool stage forever. This is not an option. I must say I
am not happy with the new product and wish the version 12 product did not crash. It worked great and had the features I needed.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 4
RE: Printing 2-sided in Calendar Creator - 1/2/2018 8:25:08 PM   
ellengard

As a workaround, save the project as a PDF file. Then open the PDF with Adobe Reader which will give you double-sided printing options.

(in reply to precca)
Post #: 5
RE: Printing 2-sided in Calendar Creator - 1/3/2018 5:19:50 AM   
precca

Thanks, but already thought of and tried. The Calendar Creator software just hangs in the Rendering step and never completes the
conversion. Tried several times, even leaving it for 15 minutes. No luck. The Export to PDF feature does not work. I'm just going to
print one page at a time and manually handle the 2-sided printing. Next year I will look for new software from another company.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: Printing 2-sided in Calendar Creator - 1/3/2018 2:21:01 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: precca
...The Calendar Creator software just hangs in the Rendering step... even leaving it for 15 minutes.

I have the same problem no matter what program I use because of the huge file size of a 24+page project with multiple hi-res photos, multiple layers of graphics, and several special effects. My method has always been to print the calendar months as a separate print job. All my picture pages are created as separate projects and exported as JPG files, one for each month. Then it is a simple job to re-insert my calendar month pages and print my JPGs onto the flip sides.

Here's a related blog article:
http://printshop.com/blog/2014/10/1/simplify-your-calendar-project.aspx

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 1/3/2018 8:23:41 PM >

(in reply to precca)
Post #: 7
RE: Printing 2-sided in Calendar Creator - 1/4/2018 10:49:45 AM   
DEJenc3

quote:

(having owned Calendar Creator 12 which just started crashing when I save or add photos)

If you were having the same problem with Calendar Creator 12, there's a chance that the images are simply too large. Have you tried staring a new calendar in either CC program after having reduced the size of the images?

David

(in reply to precca)
Post #: 8
RE: Printing 2-sided in Calendar Creator - 1/4/2018 2:27:34 PM   
ellengard

Commenting on what David just said about too large images... Today's cell phone pictures are easily over 1 MB - much larger than any of the images that come with v12.1's wall calendar templates.

It is likely beyond v12.1's ability to handle today's high-res photos.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 1/4/2018 8:32:17 PM >

(in reply to precca)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> Calendar Creator (2016 Release) >> Printing 2-sided in Calendar Creator Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4