Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Rectangle border around a transparent center?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> Rectangle border around a transparent center? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rectangle border around a transparent center? - 4/24/2018 11:52:41 AM   
Glen T

This my first post in any online forum; A REAL NOVICE AT THIS!

How can I create a rectangle border around a transparent area, i.e., a mask?
Post #: 1
RE: Rectangle border around a transparent center? - 4/24/2018 3:35:21 PM   
ellengard

Welcome!

Select the mask, click the Border icon. Adjust thickness and color as desired.

(in reply to Glen T)
Post #: 2
RE: Rectangle border around a transparent center? - 4/24/2018 9:49:50 PM   
Glen T

I must not have made my need clear. I make memes which are used to compliment tweets on twitter. For memes made in the future, my desire is to make the memes of such dimensions that each of them utilize ALL the space allotted by twitter for the memes. The memes I make will have a size SLIGHTLY SMALLER (by a few pixels) than allowed by twitter.

I want to make a template that has the EXACT OUTSIDE dimensions (with adjustable inside dimensions) of the "TWITTER MEME SPACE" that can be placed over the nearly finished meme, to (1) cover up any rough edges of the original meme and (2) get the outside dimensions EXACTLY RIGHT. If I can do this, every meme will fill all the space...every time with NO BLANK UNUSED SPACE ON THE SIDES OR, ABOVE OR BELOW.

So, I need to make a rectangle template (to be used again and again) with fixed outside dimensions, variable inside dimensions surrounding a transparent, colorless rectangle.

A little wordy but I hope understandable. You can call my Skype phone number 817-606-8648 any time between 11am ET until 10pm ET.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Rectangle border around a transparent center? - 4/24/2018 10:55:38 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Glen T
... I need to make a rectangle template (to be used again and again) with fixed outside dimensions, variable inside dimensions surrounding a transparent, colorless rectangle.

Create a project with dimensions in inches that are the same aspect ratio for your twitter meme space. Add a rectangle shape, transparent fill with colored border. Save project for your template. Then design your meme in this project. Save as JPG.

Since you can save as JPG and choose 75 dpi, you can set up your project template's size in inches such that when you apply the 75 dpi, the result is the pixel dimensions you require.

If you need help doing the math, tell me the pixel dimensions you want to end up with.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 4/24/2018 11:32:00 PM >

(in reply to Glen T)
Post #: 4
RE: Rectangle border around a transparent center? - 4/26/2018 9:30:09 PM   
Glen T

Thank you very, VERY MUCH!

Glen T

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Rectangle border around a transparent center? - 4/26/2018 9:54:18 PM   
Glen T

I tried your suggestion and IT WORKED EXACTLY. Again, thanks.

Glen T

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 6
RE: Rectangle border around a transparent center? - 4/26/2018 10:54:36 PM   
ellengard

So glad that worked! Maybe you could post one of your memes here - I am curious to see one. I think you are the first person to use Print Shop for this purpose.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 4/26/2018 10:56:33 PM >

(in reply to Glen T)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> Rectangle border around a transparent center? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4