Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

importing avery card stock

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> importing avery card stock Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
importing avery card stock - 8/2/2018 2:48:52 PM   
bobbop1231

When trying to make cd labels, the paper selection does not give any options to use any card stock other than the preselected avery 8965. I have avery card stock 8692... but nowhere can I find a way to use any alternate card stock options. please help
Post #: 1
RE: importing avery card stock - 8/2/2018 2:55:08 PM   
JasonC

You must use the Custom Paper Wizard to create any paper stock you wish to use in The Print Shop 4.0 that we don't include in the product.

If you have the dimensions from Avery Label, click on Create from Scratch. Then, click on the new button and enter the dimensions on the screen here.

Once you are finished creating the label, you don't have to enter them again.

Attachment (1)

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to bobbop1231)
Post #: 2
RE: importing avery card stock - 8/2/2018 3:26:27 PM   
bobbop1231

So Print Shop Deluxe 4... the newest version only accepts one avery card stock for cd labels? This is horrible, and if this is the case, I am ready to dump this program right now. It is unfathomable to imagine that there would be this gross limitation on usability to this program. Also, the help site, shows, that you click on the project tab, then change the stock with the paper selection window... none of the card stock options are listed that are displayed on the help screen. Getting very upset here

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 3
RE: importing avery card stock - 8/2/2018 4:06:25 PM   
JasonC

Print Shop 4.0 is fully adaptable to what you want it to do. That is the reason why the custom paper wizard is there.

So if you don't see something you like in the program, you can create your own and only have to do so once for each paper stock you wish to use.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to bobbop1231)
Post #: 4
RE: importing avery card stock - 8/2/2018 4:30:31 PM   
bobbop1231

there are no options for any cd label card stock... none!
I am to measure and re design/ input cd card stock measurements?
I am simply trying to use avery 8692 cd label card stock... this program doesn't allow for that?
each page has two rectangular cd spine labels and two round cd labels... I thought the whole purpose of selecting card stock was that user friendly programs could use them. This is supposed to be a 21st century program

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 5
RE: importing avery card stock - 8/3/2018 12:48:10 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: bobbop1231
...I have avery card stock 8692... but nowhere can I find a way to use any alternate card stock options. please help

8692 is rather unique. Almost all labels are set up in rows and columns, and each label is exactly the same size. Print Shop can create all these types of labels, but not so 8692 because it consists of two round labels and four vertical rectangles.

For something like this, I go to avery.com and use their online label design maker. I can create the graphics I want for my CD using Print Shop, save my design as JPG, then upload the JPG to the Avery site.

(in reply to bobbop1231)
Post #: 6
RE: importing avery card stock - 8/3/2018 1:09:27 AM   
ellengard

As an alternative:
This may help you. Add this graphic "template" to a blank page project. Size and position it to EXACTLY fit the 8.5 x 11 page. Design within the non-blue area. Delete the "template" before you print.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 8/3/2018 1:13:16 AM >

(in reply to bobbop1231)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> importing avery card stock Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4