Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Banner printer

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012 >> Banner printer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Banner printer - 9/9/2016 8:53:07 AM   
sussanna

I designed a banner on print master platinum 12
every time I try to save it as PDF it shrinks in size which makes impossible for the print shop to print it for me.
not sure how to fix this, the size is costum size (60"x15"), and I made sure several times that the size entered is correct. any suggestions?
Post #: 1
RE: Banner printer - 9/9/2016 11:42:04 AM   
JasonC

If you go to print, you may see a Broderbund PDF Creator or Broderbund PDF Converter listed in the Printer selection drop down box.

I tried to export my project as a PDF and got the same single page behavior. So on Windows 10, I chose Microsoft Print to PDF in the list of printers and it span multiple pages. If you don't have a PDF writer on your computer, I suggest Cute PDF. Once you install that, you can use it to output a copy of your project that will be multiple pages.

(Disclaimer, I don't have the PM version you have, but tried the PDF export on PM7 and got the same result.)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by TMLFAN4LIFE -- 9/9/2016 11:57:52 AM >

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to sussanna)
Post #: 2
RE: Banner printer - 9/9/2016 1:27:27 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: sussanna
... I try to save it as PDF it shrinks in size which makes impossible for the print shop to print it for me.

One of the characteristics of PDF files is that they are rescaleable, so that they can be printed at any size. It does not matter that the PDF isn't 60x15. Tell the printing service to rescale it to fit the big paper size.

Note: vector graphics and embedded fonts rescale without distortion, but raster graphics will pixelate so save at highest possible resolution to reduce fuzzy printing.

Even with professional PDF tools, Printmaster always flattens my design into one raster graphic and I lose the vector properties. A raster image of 60x15 at 300 dpi is 81 million pixels - too big for most home computers to process, resulting in a crash.

If your printing service has online templates for banners, that's a viable option. Use Printermaster to create JPG images for uploading into the banner template's image placeholders. Use the online tools to add your text and background.

(in reply to sussanna)
Post #: 3
RE: Banner printer - 9/10/2016 1:32:47 AM   
ellengard

I just confirmed that Printmaster can't save a 60x15 project as PDF nor JPG at high resolution (large size). It's too many pixels. Unfortunately, the PDF you end up with will print blurry when rescaled to 60x15.

It appears to me that you want to get professional printing on a single sheet of poster paper, not multiple sheets of 8.5x11 paper which would be taped together. I recommend using a different program, such as Serif PagePlus Essentials Deluxe. Using vector graphics, this program can create PDFs that have small file size, but can be printed billboard size with no distortion.

Or use your printing service's online banner template as mentioned earlier. This screen snip shows a typical banner template from an online printing service.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 9/10/2016 2:00:15 AM >

(in reply to sussanna)
Post #: 4
RE: Banner printer - 9/10/2016 1:16:00 PM   
sussanna

the print shop tried to rescale it to my desired size but there is a lot of white space surrounding my design. which makes my the quality of my banner
too low.

I also saved as JPEG, it did shrink my design by 20" in width, the resolution is too low 96 dpi which caused it to pixelate when they print the proof.
how can I increase the resolution of JPEG copy or get rid of the white space around my PDF banner which is eating up from the actual size ( showing size 33.3"x8.33" on PDF file).

any thoughts

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Banner printer - 9/10/2016 2:14:38 PM   
ellengard

quote:

how can I increase the resolution of JPEG copy or get rid of the white space around my PDF banner which is eating up from the actual size ( showing size 33.3"x8.33" on PDF file).

Printmaster can't create PDF for large format professional printing because it can't save with vector graphics. For that, you need a different program. See my post above. Or use an online design and print service like the screen snip I posted. See my post above.

Your project is too big for saving as a JPG at 300 dpi. Please post a screen capture of your design and I can see whether I can create a vector PDF for you.

Google search vector vs raster for printing if you need more explanation.

(in reply to sussanna)
Post #: 6
RE: Banner printer - 9/11/2016 10:05:37 PM   
sussanna

thank you so much for getting back to me with such valuable information, I designed a calendar before and I had no such problem so I wasn't expecting it with the banner, and I probably
wouldn't have thought its because of the size.
I did find a print service that was able to find their way around it , they cropped the white around my design it and was able to print a sample, which I thought was not bad. I will attach a picture of the proof(it's not on actual material).

I really appreciate your offer to help with the PDF file, I would have send you a screen shot if I haven't found this service. I think I need to learn more about vector vs raster.

thanks again

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
RE: Banner printer - 9/12/2016 1:47:58 AM   
ellengard

I'm glad you found a satisfactory solution. If you plan to do more large format printing, I recommend getting a program that produces vector images. My philosophy is, if I have to pay for professional printing, I have to have professional (not blurry) results.

(in reply to sussanna)
Post #: 8
RE: Banner printer - 9/12/2016 2:57:28 AM   
ellengard

quote:

I really appreciate your offer to help with the PDF file...

Hi, sussanna.

I whipped this up just to show you how easy it is to create a PDF that prints 60x15 with vector graphics and embedded fonts. You just need the right tools. Have a look at this PDF which is a mere 78 KB.
http://ellengard.weebly.com/uploads/1/5/9/6/15968908/vector.pdf
You can keep zooming in and see no pixelation at all because these are not raster images!

It can also be printed 120x30 with no distortion, just as sharp as ever. That's the beauty of vector graphics.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 9/12/2016 3:00:47 AM >

(in reply to sussanna)
Post #: 9
RE: Banner printer - 9/12/2016 10:19:34 AM   
sussanna

wow that is a very good quality, made me think maybe I shouldn't settle for less. my event is on Saturday and that's why I feel the pressure to get it done, and ofcourse this problem consumed a lot of time. can you recommend the programs with vector graphics.

I don't see the proof picture I uploaded last night, not sure if you received or not. did you get? it showed me that it was uploaded successfully !!

I also tried to take screen capture from my laptop, and it saved into PNG which the forum did't accept. I tried to take one on my desktop but I couldn't find the snipping tool. so I took picture of it with my iPhone. I will upload them for you to see the PDF and the JPEG. the quality is not good I know. things are not going smooth for me this time..
thank you again for taking the time.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 10
RE: Banner printer - 9/12/2016 10:28:44 AM   
sussanna

JPEG snap shot

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 11
RE: Banner printer - 9/12/2016 10:33:08 AM   
sussanna

PDF snapshot

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 12
RE: Banner printer - 9/12/2016 1:11:57 PM   
ellengard

quote:

wow that is a very good quality, made me think maybe I shouldn't settle for less. my event is on Saturday and that's why I feel the pressure to get it done, and ofcourse this problem consumed a lot of time. can you recommend the programs with vector graphics.

Saturday... that's pretty close, but I see your design can be the basis for a vector design since you are not using photos. If you can find free SVG, WMF or CGM images to replace the PNG and JPG ones, I'd be happy to create the PDF for you. The program I am using is Serif Page Plus, as I mentioned earlier. It is very similar to the doubly expensive Microsoft Publisher. Adobe Illustrator is the industry standard, but several hundred $$ and takes months to learn.

It would only take me an hour to complete, if you could email me the vector images. I found my examples by googling for free vector images. Note: webpages display PNG and JPG images, not vector, so you don't want to mistakenly download the raster versions.

quote:

I also tried to take screen capture from my laptop, and it saved into PNG which the forum did't accept. I tried to take one on my desktop but I couldn't find the snipping tool.

I often use MS Paint to paste my screen capture in, then SAVE AS... JPG. Paint and Snipping Tool can be found in Program ...Accessories. Or just type the name into the Windows search box.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 9/12/2016 1:28:55 PM >

(in reply to sussanna)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012 >> Banner printer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4