Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

how to format an Event Report

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> how to format an Event Report Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
how to format an Event Report - 11/28/2018 3:12:01 PM   
Puffin2014

I created an Event Report using View, show calendar, report.

Now I'm trying to follow the directions from the Help section to format that Event Report: Right-click the event grid to access the Layout Object Properties dialog box.

What is the event grid? Nothing I've right-clicked brings up a Layout Object Properties dialog box that has a Miscellaneous tab.

I'm using Calendar Creator 12 Deluxe
Post #: 1
RE: how to format an Event Report - 11/28/2018 4:04:28 PM   
DEJenc3

I'm a bit baffled by those instructions myself. Tell me if this gets you to a place to make the kinds of changes you would like:

Choose the Event Report calendar View, as you've done.

Click Layout from the top menu, and choose View Properties.

You can make changes in the General tab, such as changing the View from landscape to portrait, and other changes in the Objects tab, for individual components of the report.

Let us know if this helps.

David

(in reply to Puffin2014)
Post #: 2
RE: how to format an Event Report - 11/28/2018 5:28:57 PM   
Puffin2014

That didn't do what I needed.

from the Help section:

To format your Event Report:
Right-click the event grid to access the Layout Object Properties dialog box.
Select the Miscellaneous tab. Now you can specify a date range for the report and format your report with columns. You can also choose to display start/end times, and notes.
(See Printing Your Event Reports for information about printing reports from your event list.)

I'd like to select the date range and I'd like to format the report to 2 columns

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 3
RE: how to format an Event Report - 11/28/2018 6:19:52 PM   
DEJenc3

I should have mentioned before that there was no place in the report view editor that I could right-click and get any choices, just as happened for you.

I suspect that these Help instructions were carried over unchanged from an earlier version of Calendar Creator, since none of it seems to match the steps in Calendar Creator 12.1.

As for the dates, these would be set in the Print dialogue as is done when printing from any View setting.

You have some options for page layout (File, Page Setup), such as rows and columns, or # of "calendars" per page, but my guess is that these are not what you want.

David

(in reply to Puffin2014)
Post #: 4
RE: how to format an Event Report - 11/28/2018 6:32:09 PM   
Puffin2014

Thanks for trying to help. Guess I'll just be printing 14 pages with a single row events down the middle of the page.

Too bad the company hasn't made their Help Section actual helpful.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 5
RE: how to format an Event Report - 11/28/2018 6:56:41 PM   
DEJenc3

Fixing the Help for this feature may have slipped through the cracks. The Task Report may not have been used by many customers, and I don't remember questions about it in the Forums before. Just guessing.

What I would likely do in your case, and I just tried it: Print the events to PDF from the basic single column default layout, with the date range wanted. I opened the PDF file and copied all the text, then pasted it into a word processor. From there, I was able to format the document with the margins, and columns that I wanted. Pasting plain text would make it easy to change fonts and font sizes.

David

(in reply to Puffin2014)
Post #: 6
RE: how to format an Event Report - 11/28/2018 8:25:50 PM   
Puffin2014

I've printed out the 14 pages so the calendars are done for another year, I saved your suggestion to use next year. Thanks

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> how to format an Event Report Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4