Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Import events from CSV file

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC Export/Import >> Import events from CSV file Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Import events from CSV file - 6/22/2020 2:43:54 PM   
kvnksr

No one at Encore seems to be able to read my CCE event file from CC Plus. So I did it myself. Now, can I get the file format that CC is looking for? I have a list of names and birthdates and need them to repeat yearly. The export and import of CSV files seems to be limited and missing fields. So I'd love to have the full file format it's looking for.

Thanks!!
Post #: 1
RE: Import events from CSV file - 6/22/2020 3:31:16 PM   
DEJenc3

If you are using the newest version of Calendar Creator, 12.2, you should be able to open the CC Plus calendar files. Please see this pinned post:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=37205

However, if you are using the 2016 version of Calendar Creator ("New"), produced by StoryRock, it has since been discontinued. It will not open your CC Plus files directly, and will only import from .csv files.

David

(in reply to kvnksr)
Post #: 2
RE: Import events from CSV file - 6/22/2020 3:48:55 PM   
kvnksr

Just bought the product V12.2 and so far not impressed. The whole program locks up when trying to import my CCE file. It locks up half the time when I try to import a CSV file and have never gotten the proper results.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 3
RE: Import events from CSV file - 6/22/2020 4:35:39 PM   
DEJenc3

I'm sorry to hear this. 12.2 has so far been a very reliable product. Have you experienced any problems apart from importing? There may be corruption in the file you're importing. Please contact Encore technical support and explain what you've described. They may suggest a reinstallation, or suspect a faulty installation disc.

I've moved this discussion to the correct forum, now that we know it's a Calendar Creator 12.2 issue.

David

(in reply to kvnksr)
Post #: 4
RE: Import events from CSV file - 6/22/2020 5:03:05 PM   
kvnksr

Thanks David. The techs already have a couple of my files and their computers are locking up also. I need the file format so I can import my data please!

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 5
RE: Import events from CSV file - 6/22/2020 5:43:29 PM   
DEJenc3

I've never seen a description of the field formats. What seems to happen is that CC converts data to its own formats as it imports. What I'd suggest is to create a sample calendar with several events. Export it to .csv, then open the .csv file with a spreadsheet, like Excel. This will give you at least the field names, as column headings. You could use the exported file as a template, and enter some of your own data into the .csv file and see if you can import it into CC as a new calendar.

Take a look at these 2 older threads that may help:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=52285

http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=49832

David

(in reply to kvnksr)
Post #: 6
RE: Import events from CSV file - 6/28/2020 8:31:31 PM   
JasonC

I recall testing customers CCE files under open group collection on the program interface from the drop down menu once you start a project but was not able to successfully open those files. They were older files that for some reason just lock up the computer. Not sure if the complexity of the data is causing this but can't really offer any other solution on this.

Sorry about that, kvnksr, I can report this to our developers and see if they can find out what it is.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC Export/Import >> Import events from CSV file Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4