Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Text Box Line Styles

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Text Box Line Styles Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Text Box Line Styles - 4/1/2005 5:35:55 AM   
HR 676

There doesn't seem to be text box line styles in the double line style in various thicknesses. As in other word proccessing programs. I bought Print Shop 20 because my word proccessing program lacked some applications that Print Shop 20 has. But now it seems Print Shop 20 lacks some basic text box line styles (double line various thicknesses). I am very disappointed. How can this software that specializes in this application lack some basic text box line styles? They have some other styles but not this very basic style I need. They should have a lot of text box line styles to choose from, c'mon!! I tried to copy the text box style from my word proccessing program into PS 20 but it didn't work.

Also, I'm not even able to select the line styles (various dash styles) that they do offer. The Line Style box is grayed out after I've selected the text box to add a line style to. The only line style that "takes" to the work area is the solid line. When I don't select the text box, the Line Style box Isn't grayed out but the dashed style doesn't take in this case. But the text box of interest has to be selected to begin with, so this wouldn't make sense..... You might have two or three text boxes on the same work area so you have to select the text box you want to stylize. This software as far as I can tell is awful. It's clumsy to use, it doesn't work correctly.....

Any suggestions anyone? Am I overlooking something? Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Text Box Line Styles - 4/1/2005 12:58:03 PM   
Midge

Hi HR 676,

Print Shop 20 should have everything you are looking for, as long as you know where to look. To apply special line styles to text in a regular text box, click and drag to highlight the text, right click on the highlighted text, select Font in the menu that drops down, click on the Effects tab on the Font Format window that opens, then check out all the options.

If you don't see everything you need in the Font Format window, try creating Headline text instead of regular text.

Never say "Never" - there's always an exception to every rule

(in reply to HR 676)
Post #: 2
RE: Text Box Line Styles - 4/1/2005 10:01:09 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: HR 676

There doesn't seem to be text box line styles in the double line style in various thicknesses... How can this software that specializes in this application lack some basic text box line styles?

This software specializes in doing page layouts. Not sure how that is supposed to translate into providing several text box line styles. But you are right... you can only change the thickness and the colour of the text box outline.

quote:

Also, I'm not even able to select the line styles (various dash styles) that they do offer. The Line Style box is grayed out after I've selected the text box to add a line style to... it doesn't work correctly.....

Those different line styles are for LINES that you draw, not for text boxes. So it does work properly, just not for what you want, sorry.

I can suggest that you draw the kind of line you want, duplicate and position the four lines into a rectangle shape, group it. Now you have a "fancy outlined" box that can be easily resized and positioned around your text. Whenever you need another one, just copy/paste.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 4/1/2005 10:04:07 PM >

(in reply to HR 676)
Post #: 3
RE: Text Box Line Styles - 4/1/2005 11:21:41 PM   
Midge

WOW,

The great thing about user-to-user forums such as these is that there is always so much to learn (even when you think you already know it all ). I was thinking that the problem was all about text line styles because I was not even aware that my MSWord was capable of creating text boxes (I don't use the Drawing tools in Word much ).

But, when I did take a shot at creating a text box in Word, and I created several text boxes with different double-line formats, I was able to copy those text boxes from Word and paste them into a Print Shop project. Then, of course, all I had to do was to put a Print Shop text box inside the pasted text boxes.

< Message edited by Midge -- 4/1/2005 11:26:04 PM >

Never say "Never" - there's always an exception to every rule

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 4
RE: Text Box Line Styles - 4/2/2005 6:20:34 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Midge

... I did take a shot at creating a text box in Word, and I created several text boxes with different double-line formats, I was able to copy those text boxes from Word and paste them into a Print Shop project.

No way? Way!! I tried it, too and it worked just fine. Made a dashed, triple lined text box in Word and copy/pasted it into the Broderbund program. I just assumed it wouldn't work because HR 676 said:
quote:

I tried to copy the text box style from my word proccessing program into PS 20 but it didn't work.

So to HR 676, it really DOES work. Make sure you select the text box in Word, not just the text box contents.

(in reply to Midge)
Post #: 5
RE: Text Box Line Styles - 4/3/2005 5:35:23 AM   
HR 676

Thanks for the replies. I am using StarOffice 7. It is very compatible with Word and Word Perfect. I'll look into this more closely. I thought there might of been some compatibility problem but this does not seem to be the case from the responses and great suggestions I've gotten.
Yes lindarobin, I was thinking of other ways I can get around this problem last night and it suddenly occured to me (sometimes it's the obvious things that get ya...) I can put a different text box line thickness inside another so thanks for the suggestion; now I know it will work (I am just wondering how the fill-in will work out). In the meantime I will look into this more closely (pasting from SO 7 into PS 20). Thanks too very much Midge, I appreciate the quick response and it will help me work on my next flyer.

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Text Box Line Styles Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4