Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

having Problem lining up web page

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Web Pages >> having Problem lining up web page Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
having Problem lining up web page - 7/7/2005 9:53:35 AM   
stone

Hello All!
I have just created our very first website, and have had alot of fun doing it! I have one problem though. When I go to view webpage the entire page is set to the left. Is there any quick fix to have the web page centered and all on one page for easy navigation? Thanks in advance for your help!

Shelley

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 8/26/2010 9:40:34 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: having Problem lining up web page - 7/7/2005 5:20:53 PM   
lindarobin

Hi, Shelley. The short answer is "no". When PrintShop creates the HTML, it uses absolute positioning for all elements starting with the page width you selected at the beginning of the project. Even though you can select a wider page width to match your monitor size, thereby making it look centered, someone with a larger monitor will still see everything left of center.

More sophisticated programs made specifically for web designing (e.g. MS FrontPage) can create pages that are centered no matter what size monitor is displaying your pages.

With some basic HTML knowledge, you can write your own tags to center things. PrintShop is a fun way to create your very first webpages. If you are serious about designing webpages, you'll benefit greatly from learning some HTML. I used to find the thought daunting, but reading the "Dummies" and "Idiots" books was fun and fast and I learned so much - to the point of being able to make sense of the HTML generated by the PrintShop program and I am able to go in there and "tweak" it.

So back to your specific problem. Open your web project and move things over to the right and then Preview the page. Things may look off-centered on the workspace, but that doesn't matter so long as you are happy with how your browser displays the page. Don't forget, though, what you see is not necessarily what other people will see on their computers. Monitor size, font substitution, browser (IE, Netscape, Firefox) - these are some of the things that affect how your page appears to others.

(in reply to stone)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Web Pages >> having Problem lining up web page Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4