Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

stacking photos

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> stacking photos Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
stacking photos - 6/9/2006 6:58:06 AM   
tannoreno

i have printshop pro publisher deluxe 21. when stacking 2 photos, how do you make the top photo transparent so that you can see thru it to the the photo behind it?

thank you!
Post #: 1
RE: stacking photos - 6/10/2006 12:19:37 PM   
lindarobin

I don't have Pro Pub v21, but my Broderbund program's photo-editing capabilities does not include applying transparency EXCEPT for:

Photo Tools| Special Effects and Edges... Transparent Effects.

However, there is no control on the amount of transparency applied and there is no option to choose an all-over, even transparency. The transparencies are applied as "cloud", "cracks", "ripple", etc.

Check out all the features in the Photo Workshop... perhaps ProPubv21 has more effects that will meet your needs, otherwise, photo-editing programs such as Adobe PhotoShop Elements and MS PictureIt can do what you want and much more.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 6/10/2006 12:23:22 PM >

(in reply to tannoreno)
Post #: 2
RE: stacking photos - 6/11/2006 10:17:57 AM   
lsw2@cox.net

You would have two pictures:
PICTURE 1 - IS THE BACKGROUND
PICTURE 2 - THE TOP LAYER

PICTURE 2 "SEEMS" TRANSPARENT BECAUSE A TINT WAS PLACED ON THE PICTURE TO MAKE THE PICTURE LESS IN COLOR.
I have seen flowers as the background and the same flowers as the top layer. Again the top layer looks faded or has tint. of 70%. So it seems as though you can see the background of flowers through the top.

do you know what i mean when I say tint?

(in reply to tannoreno)
Post #: 3
RE: stacking photos - 6/11/2006 12:54:38 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: lsw2@cox.net

PICTURE 2 "SEEMS" TRANSPARENT BECAUSE A TINT WAS PLACED ON THE PICTURE TO MAKE THE PICTURE LESS IN COLOR.

Yes, tinting and transparent effects are two separate things, but I think tannoreno really wants to see thru one picture into the next like so:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 6/11/2006 12:55:09 PM >

(in reply to lsw2@cox.net)
Post #: 4
RE: stacking photos - 6/11/2006 1:01:05 PM   
lindarobin

lsw2, I think this is what you meant by tinting imitating transparency, however it only works with one photo, not two different photos.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 5
RE: stacking photos - 6/11/2006 1:59:53 PM   
tannoreno

yes robin,
you are correctt! i want to see thru one pictrue into the next. i installed microsoft picture it, but i still can't figure out how to do this. any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. thank you!

(in reply to tannoreno)
Post #: 6
RE: stacking photos - 6/11/2006 4:15:43 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: tannoreno

...i installed microsoft picture it, but i still can't figure out how to do this.

I love that program! Click on Photo Effects| Color or Texture| Transparent Fade Even... then drag the slider to choose the amount of transparency.

(in reply to tannoreno)
Post #: 7
RE: stacking photos - 6/12/2006 6:12:33 AM   
tannoreno

hey robin,

thank you! i did as you instructed. i am able to evenly fade the picture by using the slider, but i still can't see thru it to the picture i have placed behind it (like the sample you displayed). what am i doing incorrectly?

(in reply to tannoreno)
Post #: 8
RE: stacking photos - 6/12/2006 10:59:48 AM   
lindarobin

You have to do this in MSPictureIt. If you are cutting/pasting over to PS, you will lose the transparency characteristic. Also, objects with partial transparency can be saved as PNG, but this kind of PNG is not supported in PS.

Open MS PictureIt. Create a new blank file. Add your background photo. Add the top photo. Fade it per my previous instructions. You will then see the background photo through the top one.

(in reply to tannoreno)
Post #: 9
RE: stacking photos - 6/12/2006 11:29:42 AM   
tannoreno

wow!

linda (sorry i called you robin in previous message),

you are awesome!!!!! i was doing the following: pick a design, blank projects, standard paper and then trying to import the images. this was not working. thank you for being so patient with me and explaining how to do this!!!

i am impressed with your support!!! keep up the excellent job!

(in reply to tannoreno)
Post #: 10
RE: stacking photos - 6/12/2006 4:08:11 PM   
lindarobin

Glad to be of help!

(in reply to tannoreno)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> stacking photos Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4