Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

EXPORTING SLIDE SHOW

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Export/Import >> EXPORTING SLIDE SHOW Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EXPORTING SLIDE SHOW - 2/22/2008 5:51:07 AM   
macjudy450

I receive an error has been made in exporting the slide show. I have followed all the instructions in making the slide show but cannot export and save to my computer

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 12/7/2009 1:00:47 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: EXPORTING SLIDE SHOW - 2/22/2008 12:39:25 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi macjudy450,

These are the instructions in PrintMaster Help for saving a Slide Show

1. Click Slide Show, then choose Finish from the shortcut menu.

The Finish Slide Show dialog box opens.

2. Choose Create a Self-Playing Slide Show, then click Next.

The Slide Show Options dialog box opens.

3. Select options as desired, then click Done.

The Export PC Slide Show dialog box opens.

4. Select the location where you want your slide show saved or use the default save location, then click Save.

5. When the Export Finished dialog box appears, click OK.

Please post back and tell me what is the exact (word-for-word) text of the error message you received?

And, please also tell me exactly which step you were at, and what you clicked on, just before the error message appeared.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 8/2/2010 1:48:15 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to macjudy450)
Post #: 2
RE: EXPORTING SLIDE SHOW - 2/22/2008 2:42:45 PM   
macjudy450

Exporting slide show error:
Export failed
An error has occured in finishing your slide show.
I am trying to export the slide show to my documents and save the slide show.
I have followed all the steps listed in making the slide show.

mac Judy 450

(in reply to macjudy450)
Post #: 3
RE: EXPORTING SLIDE SHOW - 2/22/2008 2:45:34 PM   
macjudy450

I would like a telephone number that I could talk with someone about this problem. Can uou give me one?

(in reply to macjudy450)
Post #: 4
RE: EXPORTING SLIDE SHOW - 2/22/2008 3:05:19 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi macjudy450,

Unfortunately, the error message does not provide enough information to identify exactly what is causing the problem. So, I'm afraid I don't have enough information to provide a quick solution to your problem.

However, in the past, it has been found that some Slide Shows will not properly Export simply because the Slide Show is too big. So, the first thing you might want to do - as a test - is to create a smaller Slide Show then try to Export that Slide Show. If the smaller Slide Show will Export, that would pretty much indicate that the Slide Show that won't Export is simply too big.

As to a telephone number for talking with someone about this problem, Technical Support is not provided for functionality problems such as the one you are experiencing.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 6/26/2009 9:28:53 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to macjudy450)
Post #: 5
RE: EXPORTING SLIDE SHOW - 2/22/2008 11:01:12 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

some Slide Shows will not properly Export simply because the Slide Show is too big.

What Brandy says is so true. If you are using high resolution photos taken with a 6 megapixel camera, a dozen slides will end up being a 30MB+ exe file. Hope you aren't planning to e-mail that monster!

The solution is to resample high resolution photos down to screen size. After all, slideshow photos simply don't have to be bigger than the screen. So if your screen is 1024x768 pixels, resample your pictures down to that size and you will end up with a slideshow that looks just as good, but will be a fraction of the original file size.

Do you need to know how to resample?

(in reply to macjudy450)
Post #: 6
RE: EXPORTING SLIDE SHOW - 2/23/2008 4:42:10 PM   
macjudy450

The problem in exporting was the file was to large. There are 386 pictures taken with an eight pixel camera in high resolution. I am trying to make a slide show of all my vacation trip to be burnt on a DVD so it can be shown on a HD TV. I have made four small slide show files and successfully exported them to my saved file. They will play on my computer. When I try to play them on a DVD player connected to the HD television it does see the see the files or audio of the sound track that was added to the slide show. How do I get it to play on a DVD player?

(in reply to macjudy450)
Post #: 7
RE: EXPORTING SLIDE SHOW - 2/23/2008 8:14:58 PM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: macjudy450
... There are 386 pictures taken with an eight pixel camera in high resolution. I am trying to make a slide show of all my vacation trip to be burnt on a DVD so it can be shown on a HD TV... How do I get it to play on a DVD player?

DVD players can't read EXE files. Most DVD players will auto slideshow JPG files so you don't need to create the EXE files with PM. Just burn all your JPGs onto the DVD. Unfortunately, this can't give you music and special transitions.

There are a lot of good programs like Adobe Premiere Elements or MS PowerPoint that make multimedia shows for computer. However, I don't know what to suggest for DVD/TV. It doesn't have Shockwave Flash or RealPlayer like we have installed in our computers to play multimedia files.

(in reply to macjudy450)
Post #: 8
RE: EXPORTING SLIDE SHOW - 2/24/2008 7:06:16 AM   
macjudy450

I have made several small slide shows, saved to my computer and they will play. When I put them in the DVD Player to play on HD television is does not see audio or data. It is burnt on a -DVD for the what the DVD player requires. What is the trouble?
quote:

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 9
RE: EXPORTING SLIDE SHOW - 2/24/2008 10:31:39 AM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: macjudy450
What is the trouble?

The trouble is that your DVD player is not a computer and cannot read the EXE files you created. Only your computer can read and play EXE files. You may as well try reading Word DOC files on you DVD player. *Not possible.*

Just burn all your JPG files straight to DVD. Don't use PrintMaster at all. My cheapo DVD player can read JPGs, so probably yours can, too.

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 2/24/2008 10:32:21 AM >

(in reply to macjudy450)
Post #: 10
RE: EXPORTING SLIDE SHOW - 2/24/2008 4:13:03 PM   
lindarobin

The EXE slideshow files you created in PrintMaster must be run on a computer. So the easy solution is to hook up your TV to your computer. But do you really want to be stuck sitting at your computer, opening up each mini-slideshow?

The easiest solution is to burn your JPGs on to DVD and then your DVD player will automatically display one JPG after another, on your TV. Then you can sit back with your guests. You can also control going forward, backward and pause with the remote, in case you want to describe any of the photos in detail.

(in reply to macjudy450)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Export/Import >> EXPORTING SLIDE SHOW Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4