Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Pool, Suduko and Runes of Avalon do not work

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Games] >> [Hoyle®] >> [Hoyle Puzzle & Board Games 2008] >> Puzzle Games >> Pool, Suduko and Runes of Avalon do not work Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pool, Suduko and Runes of Avalon do not work - 7/7/2008 6:11:26 PM   
nnaagg

Hi im here again with a problem and that it self annoys me! Pool, Suduko and Runes of Avalon does not work... I can open them and then the screen either goes black or everything gets bigger and nothing works! Im not computer minded, i installed the patch, im in Australia, i brought the disc from JBHIFI (and have no idea where my reciept is) I have Vista and im not on a laptop. I really would like to play all the games..... Please can someone help and put instructions in stupid form

Thankyou

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 9/29/2011 1:26:42 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Pool, Suduko and Runes of Avalon do not work - 8/24/2008 9:32:15 PM   
Brandy redux

quote:

Pool and Sudoko do not work.... the screen either goes black or everything gets bigger and nothing works

Hi nnaagg,

I have just made a discovery which *might* explain the problems you have been experiencing.

Until recently, everything in my Hoyle Puzzle and Board Games 2008 was working fine. But, that might have been due to the fact that I had my computer set to NOT install the Windows Updates. But, the other day I decided to move up to WinXP SP 3.

Now, after installing WinXP SP3, when I try to play Sudoku, a rectangular line briefly appears over the main selection screen, then it disappears and nothing seems to be happening. However, when I press the Windows key on my keyboard to view the items on the taskbar, I can see that Sudoku has opened. And, I can play Sudoku by clicking on it in the taskbar.

And, when I try to play Maximum Pool, the window which displays the "Now starting Maximum Pool..." message will appear and the process will stop. On that window, the game screen is so large that ONLY the TOP edge of the option buttons at the bottom of the screen are displayed. And, it is not possible to select either of those option buttons. Once again, though, when I press the Windows key on my keyboard to view the items on the taskbar, I can see that Maximum Pool has opened and can be selected. And, I can play Maximum Pool by clicking on it in the taskbar.

This problem is apparently due to the fact that Sudoku and Maximum Pool are loaded as separate programs when they are selected in Hoyle Puzzle and Board Games 2008. And, on some computers, and with some versions of Windows, those games do not load as expected. But, the best part is that I was able to play the games once I figured out what was going on. So, you should be able to do the same thing.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 3/5/2009 3:32:37 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Games] >> [Hoyle®] >> [Hoyle Puzzle & Board Games 2008] >> Puzzle Games >> Pool, Suduko and Runes of Avalon do not work Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4