Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

PS 22: Installing Print Shop 22 on Windows 7

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Tech Tips >> PS 22: Installing Print Shop 22 on Windows 7 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PS 22: Installing Print Shop 22 on Windows 7 - 11/21/2009 2:37:25 PM   
Brandy redux

The most important thing to keep in mind about installing Print Shop 22 on any computer is that Print Shop 22 requires that .NET Framework 1.1 be installed on the hard drive before Print Shop 22 is installed. (Print Shop cannot work with any other version of .NET Framework.) So, the first thing that the Print Shop 22 installation process will look for is whether or not .NET Framework 1.1 is installed. If .NET Framework 1.1 is not installed, it will be installed from the Print Shop 22 install disk before Print Shop 22 is installed.

32-bit version of Windows 7:

When a ‘clean’ install is done of Print Shop 22, exactly as described in this FAQ

'Clean' Install on Win98/Me/XP/2000/Vista/Win7

Print Shop 22 should install on a 32-bit version of Windows 7, with two incidents.

1. The "Program Compatibility Assistant” in Windows 7 will display a message which says that there are compatibility issues with Print Shop 22 on Windows 7 32-bit. To continue with the installation, select "Run Program".

2. At the end of the installation, this message will be displayed

The Amyuni Document Converter mentioned in that message is the Broderbund PDF Converter. This problem can be fixed by downloading and installing the Print Shop 22 Vista patch, which can be found here

I am looking for the Vista compatibility patch.

and which works equally well on Windows 7.

NOTE: Even though the information on that patch site says, "Note: This patch will only work for Vista 32-bit and not the Vista 64-bit operating system," I have confirmed that the patch works quite well on the 64-bit version of both Vista and Windows 7.

It should be noted, however, that when the patch fixes the problem with the Amyuni Document Converter, the Broderbund PDF Creator 3.0 will be installed - instead of the Broderbund PDF Converter, which was installed with WinXP and earlier versions of Windows. The Vista patch installs the Broderbund PDF Creator because the Broderbund PDF Converter is not compatible with either WinVista or Windows 7.

NOTE: One Windows 7 beta user has reported that his DVD drives disappeared after PS 22 was installed on Windows 7 beta 32-bit. This is a known problem with WinVista. So, it would be a very good idea to install the Vista patch BEFORE rebooting the computer.

If your DVD drives disappear after installing Print Shop 22, the only known solution is to uninstall Print Shop 22.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 6/27/2012 11:56:49 AM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com
Post #: 1
RE: Installing Print Shop 22 on Windows 7 - 3/28/2010 12:45:19 PM   
Brandy redux

64-bit version of Windows 7:

When a ‘clean’ install is done of Print Shop 22, exactly as described in this FAQ

'Clean' Install on Win98/Me/XP/2000/Vista/Win7

Print Shop 22 should install on a 64-bit version of Windows 7, with two incidents.

1. If .NET Framework 1.1 is not already installed on the computer, the "Program Compatibility Assistant” in Windows 7 will display this message

To continue with the installation, select "Run Program". After .NET Framework 1.1 is installed, the necessary updates will be pulled from the Microsoft Windows Update Service.

2. After .NET Framework 1.1 is installed, the "Program Compatibility Assistant” in Windows 7 will display a message which says that there are compatibility issues with Print Shop 22 on Windows 7 64-bit. To continue with the installation of .NET Framework 1.1, select "Run Program".

NOTE: Even though the Print Shop 22 Vista patch, which can be found here

I am looking for the Vista compatibility patch.

can be installed on a 64-bit version of Windows 7, the patch will not fix the problem with the Amyuni Document Converter, as it does on a 32-bit version of Windows 7 (see above). Since, this problem cannot be fixed, it will not be possible to use the 'Save As PDF' option. Attempts to use the 'Save As PDF' option will cause one or all of the following messages to be displayed:

"Error opening HKLM with ALL ACCESS - setting up the registry!"

"This feature is not installed. Would you like to install it now?"

“Unable to initialize the PDF printer driver. Try re-installing.”

So, it will be necessary to install an alternate PDF driver, then Print to PDF, as is described in this FAQ

Save as PDF vs File | Print to PDF

So far, the only other known incompatibility with Print Shop 22 on a 64-bit version of Windows 7 is that Print Shop 22 cannot be run from a shortcut on the Dell Dock that is provided with many Dell computers. A Print Shop 22 shortcut can be placed on the Dell Dock; but, attempts to start Print Shop 22 from that Dell Dock shortcut will cause several incompatibility messages to be displayed.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 8/21/2011 12:30:39 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Tech Tips >> PS 22: Installing Print Shop 22 on Windows 7 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4