Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

PM 2011 Mac Issues: IPhoto, Copy/Paste, tabs

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2.0 & 2011 >> PM 2/PM 2011 General Functionality >> PM 2011 Mac Issues: IPhoto, Copy/Paste, tabs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PM 2011 Mac Issues: IPhoto, Copy/Paste, tabs - 9/8/2010 12:51:57 PM   
mcwitty

Hi There!

I have a brand new Mac running on OS X Snow Leopard. I purchased PM Platinum 2011 and installed it with no error messages or apparent problems onto my Mac. I have noticed multiple problems when trying to use the PM 2011 software. First, when I click on "Add Photo", no photos or thumbnails appear under any of my photo document folders including IPhoto. Second, when I try to copy and paste text from word documents, it will not paste anything into the text box. Thirdly, when I use the Tab key to hold empty spaces between words, the minute I exit the text box, the tabbed spaces disappear, squishing all the words together. Please help. What is going on with this software? What do I need to do to correct these problems? Thanks

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 10/13/2010 6:35:37 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: PM 2011 Mac Issues: IPhoto, Copy/Paste, tabs - 9/8/2010 4:59:47 PM   
Brandy redux

Hi mcwitty,

When I click on the 'Add Photo' option in PrintMaster 2011 on Snow Leopard, the 'Add Photo' window opens to the 'Pictures' folder on my Snow Leopard computer. And, all of the images which are compatible with PrintMaster 2011 are displayed on the right side of the window.

If you will click on the down arrow next to the words "All Image Formats", the list of file types which can be used in PrintMaster 2011 will be displayed. It is quite possible that the images you are trying to use in PrintMaster 2011 are not compatible with PrintMaster 2011.

As to your Copy/Paste problem, neither the CTRL C and CTRL V nor the Edit/Copy and Edit/Paste commands work for me in Snow Leopard. But, I am able to successfully Copy/Paste text into a PrintMaster 2011 text box by using Command C and Command V. However, it is necessary for me to double-click inside the text box - to cause the blinking cursor to be displayed - before I Paste.

As to your Tab problem, tabs don't work in PrintMaster 2011 text boxes. I might be mistaken, but I seem to remember that no Broderbund software has ever been designed to allow tabs to work in text boxes.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 10/25/2010 11:39:13 AM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to mcwitty)
Post #: 2
RE: PM 2011 Mac Issues: IPhoto, Copy/Paste, tabs - 9/9/2010 10:19:19 AM   
mcwitty

Hi Brandy!

Thank you for the info.

I was able to successfully copy and paste using the command key.

I wasn't aware that the tab spaces wouldn't work in PM, I will figure out a way to work around the tab spacing issue.

However, in regards to the "add photo", I am still having some difficulty. I checked my IPhoto library, and all of my pictures are jpeg files and compatible with PM. When I click on "add photo" and then "IPhoto Library" (with file format set to "all image formats") not one thumbnail photo is in the right hand column. I have tried double clicking and right clicking on the IPhoto Library icon thinking it might need to open and still nothing is there. I was able to successfully open other picture folders and see thumbnail photos in the right hand column, but, not a single one from the IPhoto Library. Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 9/23/2010 1:29:11 PM >

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 3
RE: PM 2011 Mac Issues: IPhoto, Copy/Paste, tabs - 9/9/2010 11:22:30 AM   
Brandy redux

Hi mcwitty,

Since I am a bit new to the MAC Operating System, and since I didn't think that I had any images in the iPhoto Library, I didn't check my iPhoto Library before I replied to your message yesterday. But, when I checked my iPhoto Library today, I discovered that PrintMaster 2011 cannot access the images from the iPhoto Library - because, even though PrintMaster 2011 can access images in folders, the iPhoto Library is not a true folder.

As you can see, when you bring up the Add Photo window, the image which is displayed to the left of the words "iPhoto Library" is a very unique image which is different from the images which are displayed to the left of all other items on that window.

When I checked the iPhoto Library item in Finder, I found that, when I double-click on iPhoto Library, iPhoto opens, with the Photo section selected. When I double click on other folders which contain graphic images, a window opens which lists the names of the files in that folder. So, what that tells me is that the only way to access graphic images through the iPhoto Library folder is to open iPhoto.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 9/23/2010 1:29:22 PM >

For More Help:
Click on the FAQ link at the top of this page
Then, click on the All FAQ's button on the next page

To contact me by email, please send your message to pine_97@yahoo.com

(in reply to mcwitty)
Post #: 4
RE: PM 2011 Mac Issues: IPhoto, Copy/Paste, tabs - 9/9/2010 1:14:45 PM   
mcwitty

Hi Brandy!

Thank you for looking into this further for me. I, too, am new to the Mac OS. I guess I will have to drag & drop or copy and paste photos from the IPhoto application to use them in PM.

Thanks again for helping me out.

< Message edited by Brandy redux -- 9/23/2010 1:29:32 PM >

(in reply to Brandy redux)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2.0 & 2011 >> PM 2/PM 2011 General Functionality >> PM 2011 Mac Issues: IPhoto, Copy/Paste, tabs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4