Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: PrintMaster 18 Platinum

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Printing Specific Issues >> RE: PrintMaster 18 Platinum Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PrintMaster 18 Platinum - 7/11/2013 9:37:00 AM   
TLMimi

OK, well it's apparent that I don't know what I'm doing. :) I selected the Broderbund creator and got an error message...error 30- something about the printer not being available. Anyway I made the Broderbund creator settings mimick the PCL6 settings. I created the project while using Broderbund creator but the project was saved as .nws What did I do wrong?

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 21
RE: PrintMaster 18 Platinum - 7/11/2013 10:47:03 AM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: TLMimi
... I created the project while using Broderbund creator but the project was saved as .nws What did I do wrong?

You didn't create a PDF. You only switched your default printer to the Broderbund PDF Creator. You should either:

1. File> Save As PDF or
  2. File> Print... and since the default printer is the Broderbund PDF Creator, the print command will generate a PDF.

Open the PDF in Adobe Reader and make multiple prints.

My Broderbund PDF Creator no longer works. It's not compatible with 64 bit operating system. So I use cutePDF instead. i.e. I switch my default printer to cutePDF before I start designing my project and I print my project to the cutePDF printer.

Back in post #17, I suggested you get the free download of cutePDF if the Broderbund PDF writer gave you any trouble.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 7/11/2013 10:52:27 AM >

(in reply to TLMimi)
Post #: 22
RE: PrintMaster 18 Platinum - 7/11/2013 11:19:17 AM   
ellengard

A completely different way to solve the problem of multiple copies, is to export each page of your project as 300 dpi JPG.

When I say page, I mean full 8.5x11 sheet, not a half-fold card kind of thing.

Print 50 copies of JPG(1) via Windows Print Wizard. Reinsert the pile and print 50 copies of JPG(2 or 3 or 4) on the back.

Printing a JPG from Windows Print Wizard is ultra fast - perhaps only a minute before the first print comes out.

(in reply to TLMimi)
Post #: 23
RE: PrintMaster 18 Platinum - 7/11/2013 11:19:58 AM   
TLMimi

I saved the document as pdf and it automatically went to print. This time the print file is 44.8mb. I don't have my printer turned on so I was able to cancel the document.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 24
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM Printing Specific Issues >> RE: PrintMaster 18 Platinum Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4