Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

12 hr. clock vs 24 hr.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> 12 hr. clock vs 24 hr. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12 hr. clock vs 24 hr. - 9/1/2013 11:32:25 AM   
DINKFOD

Running Windows 8 on a new Dell XPS7, 64 bit. Have used CC since it was in DOS versions. I have used Military Time from the beginning (24 hr clock) When a revision
of CC was installed, it was always in compliance with the 24 hr. clock. No more on this one. Wants AM & PM on everything. Have I missed a setup control somewhere?

CC still the best of its kind.

Thanks for any help.
Post #: 1
RE: 12 hr. clock vs 24 hr. - 9/1/2013 2:12:20 PM   
DEJenc3

You may have to try using the short date format. Please see this pinned message:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=24572

If after trying the short date, that may confirm that this will be the case in Windows 8 as well as other versions of Windows.

I don't have Windows 8, and cannot test myself, though others may be able to respond with their own experience.

David

(in reply to DINKFOD)
Post #: 2
RE: 12 hr. clock vs 24 hr. - 9/2/2013 8:39:31 AM   
DINKFOD

Thanks for your response. I probably confused the reader with my problem description. Windows 8 is configured properly and time style set as 24 hour clock. When I installed
CC 12, I expected it to also display times in 24 hour. It prints only 12 hour times, using AM or PM, contrary to the Windows settings. I am unable to locate a control on CC-12
that sets its display to 24 hour clock. I hope that clarifies my question. Thanks and have a peaceful Labor Day.

(in reply to DINKFOD)
Post #: 3
RE: 12 hr. clock vs 24 hr. - 9/2/2013 12:31:56 PM   
DEJenc3

Thanks for the reply. Now I understand your situation better, and I'm afraid that it's not going to be possible to have Calendar Creator display the time for events in a 24-hour clock format. I don't recall a preference setting that would allow you to make that change, and I have looked for it myself in the past for considering using a 24-hour clock format myself. I hope the 12-hour clock format is still usable for your purposes.

David

(in reply to DINKFOD)
Post #: 4
RE: 12 hr. clock vs 24 hr. - 9/2/2013 12:51:21 PM   
DINKFOD

Thank you, David. I appreciate your service. Prior to retiring 23 years ago from Cal Fire, everything was done on a 24 hr., Military-style clock. CC-12 used 24 hr. time from Windows 7 back to DOS. I am
disappointed but still can accept change once in a while after almost 79 years. Happy Labor Day, Evan Long

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 5
RE: 12 hr. clock vs 24 hr. - 9/2/2013 1:10:19 PM   
DEJenc3

On the matter of using a 24-hour display, I can appreciate that, and am comfortable with either. I have a wristwatch with a dual display, and I keep the digital display in 24-hour format.

For Calendar Creator, I'm going back to being confused. Are you referring to events displaying time in a 24-hour format, or having the program being compatible with a computer set for a regional setting in a different format?

You mentioned that CC 12 used 24-hour time back to DOS, but CC 12 is a recent version that would never have operated in DOS.

David

(in reply to DINKFOD)
Post #: 6
RE: 12 hr. clock vs 24 hr. - 9/2/2013 1:30:41 PM   
DINKFOD

David: Sorry to have continued the confusion. I should have made it clear that prior to the purchase of a new computer this past June using Windows 8, all versions of CC and all versions of MS Windows and earlier DOS versions, worked together, using the 24 hour clock. Like many, I always purchased the latest updates/upgrades of CC and MS Operating Systems as well. (Excluding Win 2000). I regret the miscommunication. Evan

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 7
RE: 12 hr. clock vs 24 hr. - 9/2/2013 3:34:08 PM   
JasonC

Windows 8 has a different way of handling the date and time due to improved algorhytms that was implemented. Therefore this programming may have an effect on the latest version of the program.

I briefly owned Windows 8 and noticed a lot of programs that worked on Windows 7 behave differently on Windows 8.

I don't have Windows 8 anymore because my computer broke and I had to get a refurbished one and the one I got can't support Windows 8.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to DINKFOD)
Post #: 8
RE: 12 hr. clock vs 24 hr. - 9/2/2013 4:01:02 PM   
DINKFOD

Thanks, Jason. I appreciate your help. If this Dell XPS7 blew up this afternoon, its replacement will be loaded with Win 7. (In my estimation, the best of the herd) Evan

(in reply to DINKFOD)
Post #: 9
RE: 12 hr. clock vs 24 hr. - 9/2/2013 4:07:06 PM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: DINKFOD

Thanks, Jason. I appreciate your help. If this Dell XPS7 blew up this afternoon, its replacement will be loaded with Win 7. (In my estimation, the best of the herd) Evan

Just so you know, Windows 8 still has compatibility options just like Windows XP has originally. If a program does not work right on Windows 8 , try setting it up for Windows 7 Compatibility mode.

I did a google search and found this.

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-8/run-a-program-in-compatibility-mode-in-windows-8/

This would be setting the main executable file for Calendar Creator for Windows 7 mode or below. Microsoft has vastly improved this function over the years so give it a try and let me know if it works or not.

< Message edited by TMLFAN4LIFE -- 9/2/2013 4:11:09 PM >

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to DINKFOD)
Post #: 10
RE: 12 hr. clock vs 24 hr. - 9/3/2013 6:19:52 AM   
DEJenc3

Evan,

I was able to confirm that CC is displaying events properly in a 24-hour format by setting my Windows 7 system time to 24-hour mode. Please try what Jason suggested for Windows 7 compatibility mode, and let us know if that changes the event time display in CC running in that mode.

David

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 11
RE: 12 hr. clock vs 24 hr. - 9/3/2013 4:49:12 PM   
DEJenc3

Here's one more thing to try to get a proper time display for Calendar Creator in Windows 8, while continuing to use your 24-hour regional time setting:

Modify your regional settings to remove the AM & PM display. Here's how it would work In Windows 7: In the Region and Language window, the Formats tab has an Additional Settings button. Clicking that brings up a Customize Format window. The Time tab has settings for AM symbol and PM symbol. Delete the contents of those settings, and click Apply.

Windows 8 likely has similar settings.

David

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 12
RE: 12 hr. clock vs 24 hr. - 1/29/2015 1:37:42 PM   
Columbia Jewish Cong

OK, so my problem is the opposite! I/m running Windows 7 and my version of calendar creator is only showing military time and I want it to go back to 12 hour time like it did before!

The time on my computer is set correctly so if anyone has suggestions on what I can do I would GREATLY appreciate it!

(in reply to DINKFOD)
Post #: 13
RE: 12 hr. clock vs 24 hr. - 1/29/2015 2:27:44 PM   
DEJenc3

Reviewing the discussion briefly, it appears that Calendar Creator relies on the Region and Time settings. First, do you have the Region set to United States, since that's necessary for a correct display. How do you have the Short date format set? I'm looking at a Windows 8 computer settings, and it provides "Examples" below the settings, and if Windows 7 does the same, are the examples correct?

David

(in reply to Columbia Jewish Cong)
Post #: 14
RE: 12 hr. clock vs 24 hr. - 1/29/2015 4:50:13 PM   
DEJenc3

Please see also this post that has detailed information on the regional and date settings:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=24572

David

(in reply to Columbia Jewish Cong)
Post #: 15
RE: 12 hr. clock vs 24 hr. - 1/29/2015 5:16:46 PM   
Tara

Since the link that David provided does not specifically address the difference between 12-hour time and 24-hour time, it is important to keep in mind that Region and Language settings on Windows 7 for 12-time would require that the lowercase h be selected for 12-hour time and the uppercase H be selected for 24-hour time - h/H = 12/24 hour.

This setting would be selected on Windows 7 by clicking on the Additional Settings button on the Region and Language window, selecting the Time tab on the next window that is displayed, then selecting the desired setting.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> 12 hr. clock vs 24 hr. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4