Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Changing Date Font Default for Each Day

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Changing Date Font Default for Each Day Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing Date Font Default for Each Day - 9/4/2013 6:06:34 PM   
jcaine

In my old version of CC 2.0 I could highlight the date and with one change alter the font, size and position for each day of the month and month of the year going forward. I can't figure out how to do that in CC 12.1. It seems that I have to change the properties of each cell/day individually which seem like a lot of extra work. Tech Support refused to help me and I could not find the solution by using the Help/Search function. Does anyone know of a simple way to do this?
Post #: 1
RE: Changing Date Font Default for Each Day - 9/4/2013 7:15:33 PM   
DEJenc3

I haven't used the earlier versions of Calendar Creator, so I'm unfamiliar with the processes you mentioned. However, if I understand you correctly, you should be able to accomplish the same thing in Calendar Creator 12 by doing the following:

Right-click in an empty date cell. Choose Properties. You'll see four tabs. The first one is style, and that may adjust some of the features you want. You'll see a drop-down near the top middle center that says "Set properties of." You want to change that to show "Cell" rather than "Current Cell" (the default). There you can change the font, font size, and other font characteristics for the day dates.

Is this what you had in mind?

In addition, if you want to change characteristics globally for events, you will need to change the properties for the Categories. Select Events in the main menu, and choose Categories. Select one of the categories that applies to the events you are using. Click "Event Properties." You can choose fonts and font characteristics, as well as other features for the category.

David

(in reply to jcaine)
Post #: 2
RE: Changing Date Font Default for Each Day - 9/5/2013 9:54:27 AM   
jcaine

Thank you. It worked perfectly, though not very intuitive.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 3
RE: Changing Date Font Default for Each Day - 12/16/2018 5:04:23 PM   
webbgalarza

I want to accomplish the same change of default event style but do not get the Properties option in the context menu when right-clicking on an empty date. Rather, I get Order, Align. Edit, Edit Size/Location or Delete referring to the calendar object itself.

I have installed CC 12.2 even though about Help>About Calendar Creator shows
version 1.02.493 By StoryRock, Inc..
StoryRock Platform version 10.0.0.493
Java Version 1.8.0_112
Windows 10 10.0

Thanks for any updates you might provide

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 4
RE: Changing Date Font Default for Each Day - 12/16/2018 5:47:26 PM   
DEJenc3

If you see StoryRock in the version information, you have the discontinued 2016 version, and not Calendar Creator 12.2. You should contact Customer Service and request the correct product.

David

(in reply to webbgalarza)
Post #: 5
RE: Changing Date Font Default for Each Day - 12/16/2018 9:57:21 PM   
webbgalarza

Thanks fo r the quick reply David. Here's a pic of the back cover that states "Not compatible with projects made in Calendar Creator version 12.1 and earlier" so I assumed it was at least 12.2.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 6
RE: Changing Date Font Default for Each Day - 12/16/2018 10:57:43 PM   
DEJenc3

It certainly seems that you have the wrong version. Calendar Creator 12.2 has been only recently released, so there may be some confusion in sales departments for a while. You should be able to get a product exchange, and you'll find that Calendar Creator 12.2 will open your past .bcc files. I hope it all works out for you.

David

Post #: 7
RE: Changing Date Font Default for Each Day - 12/17/2018 9:26:12 AM   
webbgalarza

Thanks again David,
The extensioned used by my version is scc . Did that change between versions?

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 8
RE: Changing Date Font Default for Each Day - 12/17/2018 1:22:04 PM   
DEJenc3

If your version of Calendar Creator is older than 7 (you mentioned 2), the files won't be .bcc files, but I believe they can still be opened by Calendar Creator. You won't be able to open files created by the Storyrock version (2016), but if that program is installed, you should be able to export the events to a .csv file, and import those into Calendar Creator 12.2.

The 2016 product shares almost nothing with Calendar Creator 12.1 and other versions of the last several years. The file formats and operation are different.

David

Post #: 9
RE: Changing Date Font Default for Each Day - 12/18/2018 12:33:03 PM   
webbgalarza

Thanks again David, but I did not mention 2, I mentioned 12.2 as my box says it will not open files created by version 12.1 and earlier as shown in the screen grab. Unfortunately, nothing says version 12.2 on the box or in the help>about .... Also my files have an extension of .scc no .bcc. What is the current extension used? Thanks again, I am on hold awaiting someone from Encore support.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 10
RE: Changing Date Font Default for Each Day - 12/18/2018 1:57:14 PM   
DEJenc3

Calendar Creator, other than the 2016 StoryRock release, has used .bcc for its calendar files back to version 7. Calendar Creator 12.2 will probably open version 2.0 files, by making a choice in the File, Open dialogue. All indications are that you received the 2016 StoryRock release. Once you have a response from Encore support, explain the situation, and I expect they'll send you an exchange for 12.2. Do you have a receipt or email confirmation that states the product you ordered, in case you selected the wrong item? You could refer to this discussion in the forum if you have any difficulty explaining what you received.

David

Post #: 11
RE: Changing Date Font Default for Each Day - 12/18/2018 2:18:52 PM   
webbgalarza

Yes, Kathy at Encore Support informed me that I purchased what they are calling Encore version 1 which preceded CC version 12.2. As you describe, there was quite a backlash that Encore Version 1 would not import previous versions so they added that capability in version 12.2 as you have mentioned. I am just hoping that it will import the Encore version 1 file (.scc) that I have been working on for the last 2 weeks. Thanks so much for you input David, and Happy holidays.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 12
RE: Changing Date Font Default for Each Day - 12/18/2018 2:53:30 PM   
DEJenc3

I'm glad you worked out the version choice with Encore. I think you'll be happy with Calendar Creator 12.2.

Now the bad news: You won't be able to import your project from the 2016 version into 12.2. What you can do is to export your events from the vers. 1 (2016) program as a .csv file and import them into 12.2. You should be able to get the event text and date/time information, but you'll lose any graphics or formatting you've done. It will be very basic data, but you shouldn't have to re-type your events. If you had repeating events, you'll have to re-create the repeat rules. If your primary goal is to open your version 2.0 projects, that might be your first goal, and then concentrate on what you export from version 1.

David

Post #: 13
RE: Changing Date Font Default for Each Day - 12/18/2018 3:22:27 PM   
webbgalarza

Yeah, I kinda figured that's where we were headed so we will use 12.2 for next years calender as I have more than 100 hours of photo placments and overlain text almost done for this year's calender. I wanted to try the update as we are having issues with the text boxes and refreshes in the main and navigation windows. The event list is no issue as I just export a csv from my excel sheet. Again, thanks for your help. We look forward to trying out version 12.2 one we get this one to the printer. It is the most treasured present for 50 family members. Happy holidays.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 14
RE: Changing Date Font Default for Each Day - 12/18/2018 4:05:28 PM   
DEJenc3

I'm glad you have a project you can print and give as a gift. It sounds like you have a good handle on your events for when you receive CC12.2. You might have a look at this thread when you start the export and import process:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=53368&mpage=1&key=킀

Best wishes to you!

David

Post #: 15
RE: Changing Date Font Default for Each Day - 12/18/2018 5:23:23 PM   
webbgalarza

Thanks again David. Exactly as described in the thread you pointed to, I had already done some of the trouble shooting for carriage returns in excel that CC is not happy with upon import. I now have version 12.2 downloaded and backed up. Take care. You get all 10's for your help if this were an official ticket. Best regards. - Rick

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Changing Date Font Default for Each Day Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4