Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Can't print in Black & white

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC Printing Specific >> Can't print in Black & white Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't print in Black & white - 3/25/2014 6:38:38 AM   
amikec

In an old desk at work, I found a version of Calendar Creator 10. Installed it fine on my home Win7 PC. Works OK but can't seen to get it
to print in B & W only. I've done the Print Wizard thing & saved the settings. Printer is HP Officejet 6000. I request b & w only there too but
where the small calendars print, it's on a yellow background .
Any tips would be appreciated - Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Can't print in Black & white - 3/25/2014 6:50:59 AM   
FixitMAD

Hello,

One thing I would try is to print to Adobe PDF or if you do not have Adobe Acrobat installed on your system, I would download the free PDF creator from here http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator. Basically this will let you know if your printer drivers are the cause of the issue. Normally when I have printing issues with older programs, I first try to print to PDF and then if the PDF looks fine, I print from the PDF to the printer to see if it will print fine.

I should have noted, to print to PDF, you just select it from the drop down list of your "printers" in the program. While Adobe PDF is not technically a printer, it does still create a PDF out of whatever program you are in.

Hopefully this helps.

< Message edited by FixitMAD -- 3/25/2014 6:57:30 AM >

--
FixitMAD

(in reply to amikec)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't print in Black & white - 3/25/2014 3:29:34 PM   
ellengard

My CC is also older and it is not 100% compatible with our newer printers. We manage to workaround these problems. (e.g. like FixitMAD, creating a PDF and then printing the PDF from Adobe Reader, is often a good solution.) For your situation, you can change the yellow background to white, in the calendar project.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 3/25/2014 3:31:03 PM >

(in reply to amikec)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't print in Black & white - 3/25/2014 7:59:00 PM   
Kira

Since the settings for the calendar background color are separate from the settings for the small calendars background color, you should be able to change the background color of the small calendars by simply right clicking on a small calendar, selecting Properties in the menu that drops down then changing the color in the Background section.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 4
RE: Can't print in Black & white - 3/27/2014 6:40:32 AM   
amikec

FixitMAD,
Thanks for the reply.
Going through the print option but selecting the PDF output instead of the printer option then printing the PDF file in B & W, worked.
Mike

(in reply to FixitMAD)
Post #: 5
RE: Can't print in Black & white - 3/27/2014 6:44:07 AM   
amikec

Kira,
Thanks for your reply.
Your suggestion worked as well.
Mike

(in reply to Kira)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC Printing Specific >> Can't print in Black & white Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4