Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Printing Calendar on 14" paper - landscape

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues >> Printing Calendar on 14" paper - landscape Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Printing Calendar on 14" paper - landscape - 7/9/2014 1:23:26 PM   
Muphomo

Background experience:
Loved 3.5 deluxe, "hate" 23.1 deluxe. More confusing than 3.5 ever was, but tech support can't get 3.5 to open on my Windows 8.1 computer.

Regarding Calendar production:
Instructions for all of the following questions were clearly available on 3.5 Deluxe but I can't find them on 23.1 Deluxe.
Most likely easily found, etc., but not to me at the moment!

How Do I ...
- change the landscape style calendar from 11" to 14" ?

- move calendar date numbers from right side to left side of their box?
- change font/size for the date numbers in question?

- change font/size for "Mon", "Tue", "Wed", etc.? (I've figured out January, February, etc.)

------------------

Regarding production of flyers, posters, etc. (have found this far easier than calendar):

How do I bring in an outside graphic - e.g. free clip art from internet - into a poster, flyer or other project?
I know how to do it with the software graphics in the program, but outside graphics are often more desired.
Post #: 1
RE: Printing Calendar on 14" paper - landscape - 7/9/2014 2:16:18 PM   
ellengard

Hi, Muphomo,

Print Shop 3.5 stopped working when Win 8 got upgraded to Win 8.1?! Yikes, that's bad news.

So now you installed the older version 23.1 and it works on Win 8.1? Amazing. I did not know that was possible. OK, then, let me refresh my memory of version 23.1 calendar projects and I will get back to you.

(in reply to Muphomo)
Post #: 2
RE: Printing Calendar on 14" paper - landscape - 7/9/2014 2:23:15 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Muphomo
How Do I ...
- change the landscape style calendar from 11" to 14" ?

In the Print Setup, change the paper to legal. You will have to do this EVERY time you open your Calendar project UNLESS your default paper size is already legal. I suggest you change your default paper size to legal from the Control Panel, for the time that you will be working on your calendars. You can switch back to letter size later.

(in reply to Muphomo)
Post #: 3
RE: Printing Calendar on 14" paper - landscape - 7/9/2014 2:39:51 PM   
ellengard

quote:

How Do I ...
- move calendar date numbers from right side to left side of their box?

Sorry, this can't be done.

quote:

- change font/size for the date numbers in question?

Edit> Calendar Settings... Date Number Font

quote:

- change font/size for "Mon", "Tue", "Wed", etc.?

Edit> Calendar Settings... Weekday Name Font

quote:

How do I bring in an outside graphic

Insert> From File... then browse to the graphic's location.

(in reply to Muphomo)
Post #: 4
RE: Printing Calendar on 14" paper - landscape - 7/9/2014 3:51:58 PM   
Muphomo

Sorry, Ellengard, didn't mean to mislead you.

Right after I posted I saw my error but did not know how to alert you to my erroneous statement. I only know to start from scratch as I'm doing now, rather than "jumping back in" when I see the incorrect statement I sent. Is there a way other than the entire process?

Anyway, I misspoke. I am using Windows 8, NOT 8.1. You don't have to expend energy "refreshing your memory", 'cause I did a typo! I'm asked quite regularly to "upgrade" to 8.1 because of all the great and marvelous and wonderful games, etc., that can be played.

But there are, of course, only two responses for me to choose, "Yes" or "Remind Me Later" (or something like that!)

Of course, there is no choice for NO, or NOT Interested or DON'T ask me again. So I reluctantly continue to choose "Remind Me Later" It's getting tiring.

So I am NOT using 23.1 with 8.1. I've already been informed that 23.1 will not work with 8.1.

Since, so far, I'm unable to use 3.5 Deluxe. I gave tech support remote control of my pc and she downloaded 3.5 again and really tried for a long time, to get 3.5 to open but was unsuccessful. She felt badly. She gave the problem to the "team" and I haven't heard if they have solved the glitch, or not. Interesting note: I CAN move date in the calendar box either side in 3.5. Was shocked by your reply that it can't be done in 23.1. Not your fault, of course, but I sure was disappointed by that answer :-)

Thanks for the helpful info regarding paper size. Never thought of that. That was my biggest0 concern. So now I'm going to check that out.

(in reply to Muphomo)
Post #: 5
RE: Printing Calendar on 14" paper - landscape - 7/9/2014 6:21:26 PM   
ellengard

quote:

Right after I posted I saw my error but did not know how to alert you to my erroneous statement... I am using Windows 8, NOT 8.1.

After posting, if you see something you want to change, click the Edit icon. It is only available for a few minutes after your initial post.

Thanks, this confirms what I believed - 23.1 works on Win 8, not Win 8.1.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 7/9/2014 6:26:30 PM >

(in reply to Muphomo)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Printing Specific Issues >> Printing Calendar on 14" paper - landscape Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4