Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Multi-year school calendar

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Multi-year school calendar Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multi-year school calendar - 8/26/2014 6:44:31 AM   
akjayala@yahoo.com

I was hopeful that I would be able to create a multi-year school calendar (Jan 2015-June 2016) using Calendar Creator Deluxe v12.1. I have explored the templates and tried to create my own calendar but haven't been successful at accomplishing this. Is it possible to create a calendar that exceeds 12 months?
Post #: 1
RE: Multi-year school calendar - 8/26/2014 7:42:15 AM   
DEJenc3

Calendar Creator is a perpetual calendar. Start by looking at the start and end dates when printing a calendar. You can go to a date in any year to enter events.

David

(in reply to akjayala@yahoo.com)
Post #: 2
RE: Multi-year school calendar - 8/28/2014 6:17:39 AM   
akjayala@yahoo.com

Thanks-- I can see 12 months at a time in the editing view by using the scroll button at the top of the page. I'd like to fit 18 months on a single page. Can I do that?

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 3
RE: Multi-year school calendar - 8/28/2014 6:29:05 AM   
akjayala@yahoo.com

How do I list events a single time in the center of my calendar when they extend for several days?

Post #: 4
RE: Multi-year school calendar - 8/28/2014 6:47:08 AM   
DEJenc3

quote:

Thanks-- I can see 12 months at a time in the editing view by using the scroll button at the top of the page. I'd like to fit 18 months on a single page. Can I do that?

I'm not sure I understand what you're describing. Can you tell what View you are using? By scroll button, do you mean the arrow buttons to navigate from page view to page view?

David

Post #: 5
RE: Multi-year school calendar - 8/28/2014 6:48:36 AM   
DEJenc3

quote:

How do I list events a single time in the center of my calendar when they extend for several days?

In Properties, click the button for Banner event, and that will continue the description across days.

David

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 6
RE: Multi-year school calendar - 8/28/2014 6:53:13 AM   
akjayala@yahoo.com

Yes, I know how to continue the event and have it highlighted on the calendar...it's the event description that shows up multiple times in the center of the page that I want to delete.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 7
RE: Multi-year school calendar - 8/28/2014 6:55:49 AM   
akjayala@yahoo.com

Yes, it may be the nudge button...my goal is to print a calendar for the students and families attending my school. I'd like it to be a single page 15-18 month calendar with events highlighted and the associated descriptions listed chronologically in the center of the page.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 8
RE: Multi-year school calendar - 8/28/2014 7:27:13 AM   
DEJenc3

I don't grasp the issue of an event description showing up multiple times in the center of the page, unless you've created a text box, or, if you have a repeated event set as a Box event instead of Banner.

It's unlikely that a 15-18 month calendar can be made fit on one page in the calendar design. Having descriptions listed in the center of the page suggests a Year View. If you decide to use a Year View, you can experiment with printing multiple pages on one page. Go to the Page Setup dialogue, and in the General tab, choose layout, and choose, for example, 4 calendars per page. Experiment to see what may or may not work for you.

David

Post #: 9
RE: Multi-year school calendar - 8/28/2014 9:01:34 AM   
akjayala@yahoo.com

I am viewing and editing my calendar in the year view. I intend to publish it in a yearly format. I created the event in banner style. The event description repeats in the center column of my calendar for each day of the event's duration (ie. March 9 Spring Intersession, March 10 Spring Intersession, March 11 Spring Intersession). Is there a way to edit the preferences of the event description to limit the number of times it appears?

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 10
RE: Multi-year school calendar - 8/28/2014 10:56:48 AM   
DEJenc3

I see your problem now. With the Year View, you get a repeat of every occurrence of a repeating event, and I don't see a way to avoid that. It may be that the Year View is too confining for the purpose that you're trying to adapt. It seems to work best with a calendar without too many events.

I'll suggest another approach. Use the Multi-Month View. This way you can leave the recurring events as a continuous event. You can change the number of months that are displayed: Right- click in any empty event cell. Choose the Multi-month properties tab, and choose the number of months. You will still be limited to 12 months, but that doesn't mean that the calendar doesn't continue. You may have to give up the expectation of getting everything onto a usable single page, and find an acceptable grouping for multiple pages. If you want the date range on the top of each page, you can copy and paste the object from one page to the other.

David

Post #: 11
RE: Multi-year school calendar - 8/28/2014 12:21:51 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: akjayala@yahoo.com
...a single page 15-18 month calendar with events highlighted and the associated descriptions listed chronologically in the center of the page.

This would have to be the Yearly Planner which is (David will correct me if I'm wrong because he knows this program better than I.) exactly 12 months, no more, no less. So to get 18 months on one page, you can do a Page Setup for Layout "Two Calendars per page".

I don't think it's the look you want though, as the months are really tiny:
(unless you use tabloid size paper instead of letter size)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 8/28/2014 12:38:00 PM >

Post #: 12
RE: Multi-year school calendar - 8/28/2014 12:55:33 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: akjayala@yahoo.com
The event description repeats in the center column of my calendar for each day of the event's duration (ie. March 9 Spring Intersession, March 10 Spring Intersession, March 11 Spring Intersession).

Just a suggestion: Add a white rectangle shape to cover up what you don't want printed. Or use white-out on the actual sheet of paper. Then put the sheet on the school's copy machine and make as many copies as you need.

If you do a yearly planner on one side of the paper, and the following yearly planner on the other side, everything will be readable and still be on one piece of letter size paper.

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Multi-year school calendar Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4