Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

task list

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> task list Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
task list - 12/30/2014 10:11:40 AM   
lady

I am using Calendar Creator Deluxe 12. I added a task list which shows up in the left hand part of my calendar. I would like to delete the whole form so I can try to put it in another location on the calendar. I would move it but I am not able to.

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: task list - 12/30/2014 12:05:02 PM   
DEJenc3

You may find that you can move the Task object, if that's what you wanted to do. You can resize other objects to make room. Right click the other objects, or their borders, to show a menu that shows "Set moveable" or Set Unmoveable." You'll need to have the objects set as "Moveable" in order to manipulate them.

If you don't want to move the Task object, you can right-click on it and click Cut, then Add a new Task object from the menu. If you choose that approach, the Task object likely will not have the same appearance as the one that was originally on your calendar.

David

(in reply to lady)
Post #: 2
RE: task list - 1/13/2015 3:47:37 PM   
lady

Thank you for answering. The to do chart is marked moveable. When I try to delete or cut it, the message is "major object cannot be deleted". I think I uploaded a picture of it but can't tell for sure.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 3
RE: task list - 1/13/2015 10:18:32 PM   
DEJenc3

I think you may be selecting the main calendar grid instead of only the Task List. Try selecting again, and be sure only the Task List is selected.

David

(in reply to lady)
Post #: 4
RE: task list - 1/14/2015 7:40:12 AM   
lady

Yes, thanks. That is exactly what happens but I can't get clicked onto the Task List. The basic calendar moves when I click on the Task List. I've tried making the Task List smaller by clicking on the edge of it but I still only get the calendar. Any ideas? Thank you.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 5
RE: task list - 1/14/2015 9:47:49 AM   
DEJenc3

If you are able to select the calendar grid only, try resizing the calendar grid so that it's completely out of the way of the Task List (no overlap). Then try clicking the Task List, and see if only the Task List remains selected.

David

(in reply to lady)
Post #: 6
RE: task list - 1/14/2015 1:51:08 PM   
lady

Thanks again. That was a good idea but it still won't budge. The calendar grid moves without a problem but the task list is like it is stuck. I don't want to start a new calendar if I can help it but don't know what else to do.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 7
RE: task list - 1/14/2015 3:52:59 PM   
ellengard

As a workaround, how about using a text box or a note? Either can be positioned anywhere on the calendar.

(in reply to lady)
Post #: 8
RE: task list - 1/14/2015 5:23:06 PM   
Tara

As David mentioned earlier, I have found that it is always quite easy to delete a Task List by right clicking on the Task List then selecting Cut.

However, since Task Lists do not offer any method for moving the entire Task List around the page in a single move, the only way that I have found to move a Task List is to click once on the Task List to select it, then click and drag each of the corners to a different location on the page.

On the Plus side, dragging each of the corners allows you to create a size for the Task List which exactly meets your needs.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 9
RE: task list - 1/14/2015 6:31:27 PM   
DEJenc3

Please try what Tara suggested. Getting rid of the Task List object is the best for what you need.

quote:

I don't want to start a new calendar if I can help it but don't know what else to do.

I don't believe you'll need to create a new Calendar ("Calendar Collection"). If you can't get rid of the Event List on the calendar View that you're using, you have the option to create a new View, and you can create one essentially the same as the one you've used, minus the Task List object. Just give the new View another name.

One other thing to try with your current View:
Shrink the Task List, if you can, to a small size.
Drag it to the middle of the Calendar grid.
Select it: Right-click?
From the Menu:
Layout, Layer Order, Send to Back.
This should hide the Task List behind the Calendar grid. (To find it again, you'd need to set the Calendar grid to Moveable, and shrink the grid.)

I don't know if this will work, because it sounds like you're always having to select more than one object.

You might start a new, blank calendar, add a Task List, and see if you can delete it. If you can't, something may be going on with the way your system or pointer/mouse performs selection.

David

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 10
RE: task list - 1/14/2015 9:02:55 PM   
lady

I tried earlier and again tonight to click on the Task List and send it behind the calendar but I'm not able to do anything with it as it is just stuck and won't do anything when I click on it. I did make a new calendar and added a Task List and was able to delete it. For some reason I can't delete it from the calendar I've been working with. When I created a new calendar, of course, nothing from my old calendar transfers over. Is there any way to copy the old calendar? Thanks.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 11
RE: task list - 1/15/2015 4:48:49 AM   
DEJenc3

You can export your calendar events and import them into a new calendar. However, you may have to do a lot of cleanup in a new calendar with event times, repeats, formatting. If you don't have much in the calendar, it's an option.

However, I'd prefer that you first try to create a new "View" in your original calendar. I hope the issue you're having is with the View you're using, and not with the entire Calendar Collection. A new View will use your existing events, and would be much easier to tweak than tweaking imported events, at least in my opinion.

David

(in reply to lady)
Post #: 12
RE: task list - 1/15/2015 7:03:16 AM   
lady

You are correct in that I have quite a lot on the calendar.

The only way I know to change the view is in the drop down arrow at the top of the page. If I change to a weekly page, month or whatever it works fine. Depending on the view the pictures might not be there. I suppose I could use one of those and start a new monthly two-page calendar when I have more time. Anyway, is this the "View" you meant me to try? Thanks.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 13
RE: task list - 1/15/2015 1:54:46 PM   
DEJenc3

You will have to add all pictures again to a new View, but as long as you know where they are located, in an Image Set or elsewhere on your computer, that should be easy enough to do.

For the View, you are right: create a new View for the type of layout you want. From the menu, go to Calendar, Calendar Properties, Calendar Views tab. Click Add, and the default name for a new View will be Custom. You can give it a new name at this point, or rename it from the Properties after you've created it.

David

(in reply to lady)
Post #: 14
RE: task list - 1/15/2015 6:26:27 PM   
lady

OK. I appreciate all your help. Thanks.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 15
RE: task list - 1/16/2015 6:09:34 AM   
DEJenc3

Glad we could help. Please report back to us when you have found a solution that works for you. This will help if anybody else has a similar problem.

If you create a new View that you like, and have amed it, you may want to rename the one that has been a problem by adding a term like "nonworking." I suggest not deleting that View for the time being, just in case a solution turns up.

David

(in reply to lady)
Post #: 16
RE: task list - 1/16/2015 9:07:05 AM   
lady

Thank you.

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> task list Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4