Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

dropped dates

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> dropped dates Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
dropped dates - 3/16/2015 10:07:04 PM   
Florence

After I enter the name in the text box I enter the date of birth. Often the program drops this date. Does not appear dropped until I print. Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: dropped dates - 3/16/2015 10:38:40 PM   
DEJenc3

Hello, Florence,

I think this needs a bit of clarification. First, when you say "text box," do you mean a text box in the way that Calendar Creator uses text boxes, or are you referring to a calendar Event?

If it's an Event, are you entering a date in the Start Date field, or selecting a date by using the box to the right of the Start Date that provides a date selector tool?

I don't understand that the date is dropped, since a date normally won't appear for an event.

David

(in reply to Florence)
Post #: 2
RE: dropped dates - 3/17/2015 11:14:13 AM   
Florence

Sorry wrong terminology. I am entering an event in the event box.
what I am entering is a persons name and the year of their birth following that name.

(in reply to Florence)
Post #: 3
RE: dropped dates - 3/17/2015 2:32:44 PM   
DEJenc3

If you are entering just text, for example, Tom 1990, there's no reason, there's no reason that occurs to me why it shouldn't appear. Do you have several other events in the cell? If so, it's possible that the text is being truncated in order to fit all events into the cell.

Please try to enter one of the events where the year doesn't appear into an empty cell and let us know what you see.

David

(in reply to Florence)
Post #: 4
RE: dropped dates - 3/17/2015 8:24:28 PM   
ellengard

There's a really great birthday function that solves your problem, too.

As an example, let's say Tom was born March 31, 1999. In the Modify Event box, put Tom's birth date in the Start Date data field, and choose Every Year as your repeat rule. Then click the Functions button to bring up the Functions dialog box. Select the function &birthday, click the Paste Function button, and type "Tom's" in the box.

When you go back to the calendar view, in the March 31 cell, you will see "Tom's 16th Birthday". The program automatically calculates and prints the age!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Florence)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> dropped dates Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4