Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Make a bi-weekly paycheck calendar?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Make a bi-weekly paycheck calendar? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Make a bi-weekly paycheck calendar? - 11/27/2015 7:56:22 AM   
avidgamr

Is it possible to make a bi-weekly paycheck calendar with every other wednesday (my payday) circled automatically by CC (possibly with a starting point I choose to correct for years that I need to skip the first week on)?
Tried to attach an example...

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Make a bi-weekly paycheck calendar? - 11/27/2015 9:34:02 AM   
DEJenc3

The Year calendar view puts a shaded circle over days that have events assigned, but the problem is removing the event table that falls between the mini-calendars, and which you don't need to see for your purpose. The grid is probably considered an essential element of any view, and that could be the reason that it's not possible, as far as I can see, to suppress its view.

You could experiment with a new Year view, but I'm not optimistic that you can get what you want. Perhaps one of the other users will have a suggestion.

Your event should be simple enough as one that appears every other week on a Wednesday. You'd need to decide whether holidays should appear, if they affect paydays.

David

(in reply to avidgamr)
Post #: 2
RE: Make a bi-weekly paycheck calendar? - 11/27/2015 1:15:42 PM   
JasonC

Kind of a silly work around but instead of the red circle perhaps a red dot as an image in each of the days you wish to mark on those day of the calendars.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to avidgamr)
Post #: 3
RE: Make a bi-weekly paycheck calendar? - 11/28/2015 1:31:21 PM   
ellengard

I think David's suggestion is the only way to "auto-highlight" the paydays in a Year View. You can cover up the event table, with a white rectangle. Saves a little ink when printing as well as providing space to jot down notes.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 11/28/2015 1:43:08 PM >

(in reply to avidgamr)
Post #: 4
RE: Make a bi-weekly paycheck calendar? - 11/28/2015 8:40:46 PM   
avidgamr

So, if I understand this correctly, I need to manually add each payday to the calendar in the event list? That's a lot more trouble than just printing it out and circling them with an ink pen. LOL Guess I'll stick to my way, unless I'm misunderstanding this. Thanks to everyone for their ideas/help!

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 5
RE: Make a bi-weekly paycheck calendar? - 11/28/2015 9:30:47 PM   
ellengard

Manually add? Absolutely not! I created ONE event, "payday". Then it took me two seconds to add the "repeat every two weeks" repeat rule.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 11/28/2015 9:57:15 PM >

(in reply to avidgamr)
Post #: 6
RE: Make a bi-weekly paycheck calendar? - 12/19/2015 1:52:27 PM   
avidgamr

Finally got a chance to try it. Worked. Thanks!
To recap for anyone who wants to do this (was my preferences- yours will vary I'm sure):
1. Create a new basic calendar.
2. Change it to a "yearly" calendar.
3. Right-click on the month and change the background shading to "none".
4. Clicked on the uppermost object with month/year and hit the delete button (at the moment mine said "December 2015 - November 2016").
5. Double-clicked in the center of the calendar (which brought up the "Add Event" window). Then clicked on the "Advanced Repeat Rule" button. Clicked on "Every" button then chose "Week(s)"; changed "1" to a "2" then clicked on "Saturday" (which was the day I was creating the calendar) to remove it and then clicked on Wednesday (my payday). Changed "Repeat Until" to 12/31/2016 and "Start Date" to 1/13/2016 (my first payday in 2016). Clicked "OK" twice.
6. You now have two pages. Right-clicked in the middle section (events list) once again and chose "Properties", then clicked on the "Miscellaneous" tab; Changed "Start date: month/year" to 1/2016 and clicked "OK".
7. Next click on the menu item "Add" and then "Rectangle", then draw a box over the event section on the left-hand page (don't worry about the right-hand page). Then right-click on the box you just created and choose "Properties"; next change the "Outside" "Style" in the "Borders" section to "none" and click "OK".
8. Double-click on "Yearly Planner" and type "2016 paydays" or whatever is desired.
9. Click File > Print Preview. Click "Print" and then change the "Start Date" to January 1, 2015 and "End Date" should automatically change to match. Of course, you need to modify all dates above to the payday start date and years you need.
The first page that comes out of the printer is your keeper and just throw away the second one (haven't found a way around this). Save the "collection" for use next year if desired (recommended).
If anybody knows of a better or quicker way, feel free to join in!

BTW, just wanted to add that if you save your "collection" it does make it quicker and simpler the next year:
1. Choose "Open an existing calendar" with the calendar saved before in the "recent calendars" list (for me it was "payday").
2. Click on the "Printer" icon above or File>Print and change the start date to the dates needed (example: 1/1/2017) and click "OK".
P.S. Step 6 above may not be necessary? Hate wasting paper to keep testing.

< Message edited by avidgamr -- 12/19/2015 2:17:39 PM >

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
RE: Make a bi-weekly paycheck calendar? - 12/19/2015 7:54:55 PM   
DEJenc3

Thank you for sharing the steps for getting your customized layout to work for you. This could help others, and it's good to know that something worked to achieve what you wanted.

A way of avoiding the unwanted printed page is to print your output to a pdf file using a third party pdf printer (CutePDF is a frequent recommendation in this forum). That way you not only get a better sample of a test print without actually printing, but you can choose just the page(s) you want to print.

As you noted, it's important to save the collection if you plan to use it again, and it doesn't hurt to save it even if you don't currently think you will use it again. You may also copy the file to a location where it will be backed up or copied to another computer in the future, if you need to do that.

David

(in reply to avidgamr)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> Make a bi-weekly paycheck calendar? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4