Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Can't create a notecard in PM Platinum v7

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 7.0 (released 2015) >> Can't create a notecard in PM Platinum v7 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't create a notecard in PM Platinum v7 - 3/28/2016 7:23:39 PM   
la2fine

I have used Broderbund products for many years on different Windows operating systems, upgrading the program as needed..Most recently I have used (and loved) PrintMaster Platinum Version 18. However, when I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 10, The program wasn't compatible.
As a result, I went to their site to find a updated product. Unfortunately, the closest thing to it seems to be PM Platinum V7. My attempts to create a simple notecard type greeting card have left me totally frustrated and disappointed in the program. The videos are useless. Any advice would be appreciated - meanwhile I'll look for another program.
Post #: 1
RE: Can't create a notecard in PM Platinum v7 - 3/28/2016 8:43:51 PM   
ellengard

Are you using a pre-scored Avery paper stock that has two cards per sheet?

(in reply to la2fine)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't create a notecard in PM Platinum v7 - 3/29/2016 7:10:44 AM   
Joe Lesko

I agree about V7. There is a version 18.1 that may still be available from Broderbund.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't create a notecard in PM Platinum v7 - 3/29/2016 11:34:06 AM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe Lesko

I agree about V7. There is a version 18.1 that may still be available from Broderbund.

We don't sell 18.1 anymore, but there may be copies still floating around in bargain software isles, and on online auction sites.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to Joe Lesko)
Post #: 4
RE: Can't create a notecard in PM Platinum v7 - 3/29/2016 7:56:18 PM   
ellengard

The old Notecard Project you're used to, doesn't exist on v7. The easy workaround is to start a new Greeting Card Project, Quarter-fold. You print it on regular 8.5 x 11 card stock. Re-insert the paper and print the project again. The result: two double-sided note cards on your one sheet of card stock.

To print on the other side: re-insert the edge that came out last.

(in reply to la2fine)
Post #: 5
RE: Can't create a notecard in PM Platinum v7 - 3/29/2016 8:12:59 PM   
ellengard

Hi, Joe.

I remember you posted a while ago about not being able to see the entire work space. This can happen if you are using a 125% or 150% enlarged display. Check to see if you meet the "new" minimum screen resolution to properly display the program:

(in reply to Joe Lesko)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 7.0 (released 2015) >> Can't create a notecard in PM Platinum v7 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4