Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Windows 10 importing projects mistake

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Windows 10 importing projects mistake Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Windows 10 importing projects mistake - 4/5/2016 8:57:37 PM   
nancy1965

Hi,
I just got a new windows 10 computer, had windows 7 previously. I'm not a real computer savvy person and made a mistake when I transferred my files to my new computer. I accidentally transferred everything to my ONE DRIVE instead of This PC AKA My Computer. Before I realized that mistake I installed The Print Shop 23.1 Deluxe and projects were found and imported flawlessly into The Print Shop. Once I realized the mistake, I copied all of my files onto This PC and figured I'd be good to go. I just deleted the files on the One Drive because it was full. I tried to open up a Print Shop project and it couldn't be found, none of them can be now. I had to restore the projects out of the recycle bin back onto the One Drive to get them to work. My question is how can I go about doing things the right away and get these thousands of projects onto My Computer so I can use them on the Print Shop? They are copied onto my computer now as I stated earlier but The Print Shop isn't recognizing those, only the files that I imported on The One Drive.
Please help me with step by step instructions if possible.

Thank you!
Nancy

< Message edited by nancy1965 -- 4/5/2016 8:58:49 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Windows 10 importing projects mistake - 4/5/2016 9:28:15 PM   
JasonC

The import feature was always meant to be used with the local files on the drive. You could always create a new folder on the desktop and transfer the files you want from your cloud storage to the folder. Nothing will be removed from your OneDrive, just copied to the new folder.

Then tell Print Shop 23.1 where the folder is and it should import it. If your installation of Print Shop 23.1 was present when you upgraded to Windows 10, it might not work correctly anymore. You can test this theory by double clicking on the desktop shortcut and then seeing if it launches. If it does not work correctly a removal of the program and checking for any file folders left over is suggested. Our technical support team can assist you with that.

< Message edited by TMLFAN4LIFE -- 4/5/2016 9:30:55 PM >

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to nancy1965)
Revisions: 1 | Post #: 2
RE: Windows 10 importing projects mistake - 4/5/2016 9:50:02 PM   
nancy1965

Jason,

I had already copied the whole Print Shop project folder to my hard drive. How do I tell Print Shop 23.1 where the folder is now so that it can override the original one? The computer is brand new and had Windows 10 on it so I didn't upgrade to Windows 10.
If it ends up that I have to uninstall The Print Shop completely and re-install to get the projects imported again, where do I go so the technical support team can assist me?

Thank you,
Nancy

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 3
RE: Windows 10 importing projects mistake - 4/6/2016 12:49:28 AM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: nancy1965

Jason,

I had already copied the whole Print Shop project folder to my hard drive. How do I tell Print Shop 23.1 where the folder is now so that it can override the original one? The computer is brand new and had Windows 10 on it so I didn't upgrade to Windows 10.
If it ends up that I have to uninstall The Print Shop completely and re-install to get the projects imported again, where do I go so the technical support team can assist me?

Thank you,
Nancy

Okay, sounds great that it came with Windows 10, that means you installed it correctly

See the image below. When you first double click on the icon, click on Open Projects. Then click on file > import

You can tell the program where your projects are and it will import them.

Attachment (1)

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to nancy1965)
Post #: 4
RE: Windows 10 importing projects mistake - 4/6/2016 11:15:53 AM   
nancy1965

Jason,

That will work for me if I only have a few files to import but I have thousands of them and it will not let me import all of them at once this way. I'm thinking that the best thing for me would be to start over by uninstalling The Print Shop completely and re-installing it so that it recognizes the projects on my computer. Can you advise me on how to do a COMPLETE uninstall of The Print Shop 23.1 deluxe on a windows 10 computer and if not, where can I find out how to do that?
Other than having the projects in the wrong spot, the Print Shop seems to work fine on windows 10 aside from the fact that save to PDF doesn't work and I have to use Cute PDF writer instead (found that to be more reliable that Microsoft print to PDF because sometimes images have unwanted lines in them when using the Microsoft Print to PDF program)

Thanks again,
Nancy

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 5
RE: Windows 10 importing projects mistake - 4/6/2016 12:38:17 PM   
JasonC

If you right click on the Start Button, you will see a menu. Click on Programs and Features, and then remove Print Shop 23.1

Once it's uninstalled, left click the Start Button and select File Explorer. Under the left hand side of the File Explorer window pane, click on This PC and double click the C:\
drive.

Double click on the Program Files x86 Folder. Look for a Print Shop 23.1 Folder. If one exists, right click it and send it to the recycle bin. Empty the recycle bin. Restart your computer.

Perform the following steps here once you are back at your desktop screen: http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/kb.aspx?kb_id=2036&product_id=2648

Once you are all installed, it should work better.

If all else fails, please email our support department here: http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/tech_support_frm.aspx?product_id=2648

You can also call us on the number listed on the first link as well for assistance.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to nancy1965)
Post #: 6
RE: Windows 10 importing projects mistake - 4/6/2016 3:15:46 PM   
nancy1965

Thank you so much for your help Jason! I'll work on this within the next day or two.

Nancy

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 7
RE: Windows 10 importing projects mistake - 4/6/2016 6:59:05 PM   
JasonC

You are very welcome it's my pleasure help out. Please let me know if you need further assistance. I'll be more than happy to continue to help.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to nancy1965)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Windows 10 importing projects mistake Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4