Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Printmaster 7 Custom Stickers

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 7.0 (released 2015) >> Printmaster 7 Custom Stickers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Printmaster 7 Custom Stickers - 6/9/2016 12:48:13 PM   
momdetermined909

Good Morning!
I am new to the Printmaster 7 program AND I just switched from PC to IMac which of course means I am on the learning curve anyway.
I have a small crafting business and print my own labels. I entered the information for size, gaps, etc and then created the label (a custom round sticker 1.2 size)
Overall I was pleased with the layering ability and the curved text feature. However, when I went to print the view showed that it had not held the information I had entered.
Instead it created a sheet with only four labels across and eight down which will not work for the precut sheet i have. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to accept the correct numbers but it will not.
I need 6 across and 8 down.
Any ideas. I'm a little frustrated.
DRIA
Post #: 1
RE: Printmaster 7 Custom Stickers - 6/9/2016 2:08:06 PM   
JasonC

Let's start out with some basic information. You had mentioned you switched from PC to Mac.
When switching, did you install PrintMaster from a disc? Or did you download the product from us?

I want to be sure you have the latest patch edition installed.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to momdetermined909)
Post #: 2
RE: Printmaster 7 Custom Stickers - 6/9/2016 2:29:51 PM   
momdetermined909

Just got the download day before yesterday -- back-up disc is coming via post.
I have had our IMac for a few months now but had not attempted to get a new label program until this week.
I just messed with the formatting again -- it still auto defaults to four across :(
DRIA

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 3
RE: Printmaster 7 Custom Stickers - 6/9/2016 2:41:33 PM   
JasonC

Can you post the number data you used to enter the values when creating the custom label? I would like to try this on our machine and see if I'm getting the same thing.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

Post #: 4
RE: Printmaster 7 Custom Stickers - 6/9/2016 4:42:10 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: momdetermined909
...a custom round sticker 1.2 size... I need 6 across and 8 down.

I'm PC, but my problem is similar because the smallest label width the program will accept is 1.66 inches.

My workaround is to create a width that I can add two 1.2" labels including the required gap between them. So I design the one label, then copy/paste it so I have two on my workspace. Then I Edit> Convert to Full Avery Sheet. I now have 6 across and 8 down.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 6/9/2016 4:51:31 PM >

Post #: 5
RE: Printmaster 7 Custom Stickers - 6/9/2016 4:54:04 PM   
momdetermined909

Yes most definitely :)
Here is the table with all the information on it - I cannot use the pitch etc. but I cannot separate the table. It sounds like Ellengard has the same issue -- it keeps defaulting to 1.6 as she said.
Width: 1.2" Height: 1.2"
Top Margin: 0.5075" Bottom Margin: 0.5075"
Left Margin: 0.25" Right Margin: 0.25"
Horizontal Spacing: 0.16" Vertical Spacing: 0.055"
Horizontal Pitch: 1.36" Vertical Pitch: 1.255"

Super frustrating.....
DRIA

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 6
RE: Printmaster 7 Custom Stickers - 6/9/2016 4:56:18 PM   
momdetermined909

This looks exactly like the sheet I use -- you are super smart!
I am not that smart with computer formatting :(
I will see what I can do -- I wish the program had a better option for people that are not as techy (like me!)
Thank you - dria

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
RE: Printmaster 7 Custom Stickers - 6/10/2016 8:46:28 AM   
momdetermined909

Did you have any success in remedying the formatting issues I am struggling with?
DRIA

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
RE: Printmaster 7 Custom Stickers - 6/10/2016 12:50:58 PM   
momdetermined909

Ellengard - I am so sorry but can you give me the information you entered for the size. I see the concept but the numbers are not working.
I am so NOT techy :(
DRIA

Post #: 9
RE: Printmaster 7 Custom Stickers - 6/10/2016 1:50:04 PM   
ellengard

This is not so much techy as it is just arithmetic.

Please confirm that:
the gaps between the circles in a column measure 0.055 inches
the gaps between the circles in a row measure 0.16 inches

< Message edited by lindarobin -- 6/10/2016 2:44:11 PM >

Post #: 10
RE: Printmaster 7 Custom Stickers - 6/10/2016 2:32:41 PM   
ellengard

Here are the numbers you input, based on the data above.

You will be putting TWO labels in the 2.56"x1.2" workspace, with a 0.16" gap inbetween the two. The program will separate each group of two with a 0.16" gap.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 6/10/2016 2:39:20 PM >

Post #: 11
RE: Printmaster 7 Custom Stickers - 6/10/2016 2:56:57 PM   
momdetermined909

Thank you Ellengard! I will try this and hopefully it will line up perfectly :)
DRIA

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 12
RE: Printmaster 7 Custom Stickers - 6/14/2016 1:54:29 PM   
momdetermined909

TMLFAN4LIFE or Ellengard - do you have any suggestions that would help me get the stickers lined up?
I ran the template that Ellengard so generously shared with me and the stickers line up mostly but I cannot
get them to line up exactly -- they are a little off whack, not centered, etc. Was there a solution TMLFAN4LIFE on the software end or
is it me just adjusting until it is exact?
DRIA

Post #: 13
RE: Printmaster 7 Custom Stickers - 6/14/2016 2:51:45 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: momdetermined909
... they are a little off whack, not centered, etc.

This depends on where the misalignment occurs. If it is between the pairs of circles that you manually place on the 2.56x1.2 rectangle, then you have to re-position the circles accordingly.

Edit> Convert to Full Avery Sheet This allows you to edit the individual elements. You can select rows or columns by clicking and dragging. Tap the arrow keys to nudge the position. This can be very difficult to gauge visually as you have to look back and forth between the screen and your printout.

With ANY program, it is impossible to align a printed 1.2" circle directly over a pre-cut 1.2" round label. IMPOSSIBLE. A 1 mm misalignment can always be expected, due to printer feed variance.

This is why there is a grey "safety area" visible on the project. Similarly, all professional printing services require designs to include a safety area and a bleed area.

On larger labels, a tiny printer feed variance doesn't have as big an impact as on your small labels.

If this is an Avery label, you can go to the Avery site and download the Avery print program and appropriate Avery template. It may work better since you wouldn't have to do this 2.56" workaround.

Personally, if I had to make small labels, I would create a design to accommodate the pitfalls of printing small labels. i.e. white background, text and graphics within .2" of the edge, OR graphics that can bleed off the edge.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 6/14/2016 2:53:53 PM >

Post #: 14
RE: Printmaster 7 Custom Stickers - 6/14/2016 5:57:21 PM   
momdetermined909

Thank you so much Ellengard! Appreciate your experience and thoughts!
DRIA

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 15
RE: Printmaster 7 Custom Stickers - 6/14/2016 6:34:55 PM   
ellengard

You're welcome!

Here in Canada, we have the Avery Design & Print Online website. It's easy to use and I don't have to set up an account unless I want to save and retrieve projects online. It's great because if you are using an Avery stock, they will have the template for it. There is the option to upload your own images, so you can be as creative as you want. Make a design in PrintMaster and save as JPG. Use your JPG on the Avery site.

Note: Create a JPG of a single design, not multiples. Use a sign project, not a label project, to make your JPG.

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 7.0 (released 2015) >> Printmaster 7 Custom Stickers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4