Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Changing Font size

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC Printing Specific >> Changing Font size Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing Font size - 11/18/2016 9:09:29 AM   
jimruffatto

I want to change the font size on all events and have read a previous question and tried that (change each category). Unfortunately that did not work. I am running CC 12.1, so again I want to change the font size on all events
Post #: 1
RE: Changing Font size - 11/18/2016 10:58:06 AM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: jimruffatto

I want to change the font size on all events and have read a previous question and tried that (change each category). Unfortunately that did not work. I am running CC 12.1, so again I want to change the font size on all events

Just double click on the event on your Calendar and change each one. Unfortunately, the behavior in Calendar Creator 12.1 seems to be limited on a per item basis so it may be a lengthy process to change them all

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to jimruffatto)
Post #: 2
RE: Changing Font size - 11/18/2016 11:16:36 AM   
jimruffatto

I have tried this on multiple entries and it does not work -

Post #: 3
RE: Changing Font size - 11/18/2016 11:37:40 AM   
JasonC

I don't know what to tell you then as my copy of the program is letting me change the font. The program does show the list of fonts but not in their respective style. Once you apply the font style the program changes the font.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by TMLFAN4LIFE -- 11/18/2016 11:38:27 AM >

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

Post #: 4
RE: Changing Font size - 11/18/2016 3:01:01 PM   
ellengard

quote:

I want to change the font size on all events

You can change the properties of events (e.g. font), but it has to be done one category at a time. In my example, one of my categories is Inventions. Events| Categories... (or Ctrl-t) brings up the Categories box. I click on the Inventions category, then click on the Event Properties button. A dialog box opens which allows you to make mass changes to that category.

Do this for each category.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 11/18/2016 3:07:04 PM >

Post #: 5
RE: Changing Font size - 11/18/2016 4:29:11 PM   
jimruffatto

Ok - I believe I know the issue. You can change fonts on a monthly calendar, which you did, but try doing the same steps in an annual calendar view and it can't be accomplished. I can't do a screen shot, but it is an issue with using te annual format

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 6
RE: Changing Font size - 11/18/2016 4:31:37 PM   
Kirsten

quote:

I want to change the font size on all events and have read a previous question and tried that (change each category)
Anytime you manually change any feature of any event, later changes that are made to the Category for that event will not be applied to that event.

I find it to be easier and quicker to change the font size of an event by clicking once on the event, then clicking on the arrow next to the font size in the top toolbar at the top of the screen.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 7
RE: Changing Font size - 11/18/2016 4:41:10 PM   
jimruffatto

Again - the issue is with the use of the ANNUAL view. You are making changes in a Monthly calendar - it does not work in an annual view

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 8
RE: Changing Font size - 11/18/2016 4:49:20 PM   
ellengard

On a Yearly Planner, the only way I know of to change the font, is to apply a quick style. Hopefully someone else knows more.

Post #: 9
RE: Changing Font size - 11/18/2016 5:27:02 PM   
jimruffatto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kirsten

quote:

I want to change the font size on all events and have read a previous question and tried that (change each category)
Anytime you manually change any feature of any event, later changes that are made to the Category for that event will not be applied to that event.

I find it to be easier and quicker to change the font size of an event by clicking once on the event, then clicking on the arrow next to the font size in the top toolbar at the top of the screen.

Again - I am not doing a monthly calendar, my view is YEAR, I even created a new calendar, added an event and could not change the font size or even the font

(in reply to Kirsten)
Post #: 10
RE: Changing Font size - 11/18/2016 5:40:13 PM   
ellengard

jim, please look at the time a post is made. Whenever a post is only a couple of minutes different from one of YOUR posts, it means that person was typing at the same time as you, so YOUR post did not exist whilst that person was typing.

Post #: 11
RE: Changing Font size - 11/18/2016 5:43:18 PM   
DEJenc3

I'd have to agree with ellengard: applying a QuickStyle seems to be the only way I can see to change the font appearance in a Yearly view. That view doesn't seem to respond to changes the way the month and other views do.

David

Post #: 12
RE: Changing Font size - 11/18/2016 5:44:25 PM   
ellengard

...also, Kirsten was commenting to me (see the bottom right side of the post - "in reply to ____"), so she may not have been directing her post to you.

David and I were typing at the same time!

< Message edited by ellengard -- 11/18/2016 5:48:38 PM >

Post #: 13
RE: Changing Font size - 11/18/2016 6:14:34 PM   
jimruffatto

quote:

ORIGINAL: DEJenc3

I'd have to agree with ellengard: applying a QuickStyle seems to be the only way I can see to change the font appearance in a Yearly view. That view doesn't seem to respond to changes the way the month and other views do.

Can you give me the steps for changing quick style, because the only thing that I can change in quick style is the background, I can't change specific event fonts

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 14
RE: Changing Font size - 11/18/2016 7:20:06 PM   
DEJenc3

I think we're all in new territory here. I don't use the Year View myself, and it works differently from other views in many respects, so the usual edits don't apply.

I see that we addressed a question similar to yours a while back:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=48007

I don't see any way to edit QuickStyles. They may have been tied into the calendar Wizard. When you scroll to the bottom of QuickStyle choices, there's an option to "Add." The problem: there isn't an option to add a QuickStyle for the Year view. You can select and apply choices one at a time and see if one suits you, but that'll be a tedious process. You could save the current view as a QuickStyle as a backup.

Other users may have had success with Year view modifications and could post after the question has been on the forum longer. I can poke around in the program over the weekend, but am not optimistic that there's a flexible solution.

David

Post #: 15
RE: Changing Font size - 11/18/2016 9:02:06 PM   
ellengard

quote:

Can you give me the steps for changing quick style, because the only thing that I can change in quick style is the background, I can't change specific event fonts

No, there doesn't appear to be a way to specify font properties in a Yearly Planner. I can only choose a quick style that may have font properties that I like. Here are three examples of different quick styles.

To apply a new quick style:

Calendar| Calendar Properties... choose from the drop down menu.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ellengard -- 11/18/2016 9:05:45 PM >

Post #: 16
RE: Changing Font size - 11/19/2016 4:51:41 PM   
DEJenc3

Here are steps that may do what you want:
Select your Year view.
From the menu, choose Layout:
Apply QuickStyle.
Pick a choice you like (or even one you don't in order to test).
Click Apply.
Close.
Right-click any Event.
Choose Properties.
Choose the option in the Layout Object Properties window to "Set Properties of..." and choose Event from the drop-down.
Choose a font and font size.
In my testing, I chose Arial Narrow (Western) and size 10. Change the alignment to your choice, if needed.
Click OK.

If this acts to do what you want, then spend time selecting a QuickStyle that you like and tweak as necessary.

David

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 17
RE: Changing Font size - 11/20/2016 1:42:24 PM   
ellengard

David, your solution is brilliant. I think this thread will be getting pinned!

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 18
RE: Changing Font size - 11/20/2016 8:11:29 PM   
DEJenc3

Thanks, ellengard. I've taken your advice, but simplified it with a new pinned post that omits the discussion and has a subject that states the specific issue:

Year View Event font size
http://forums.encoreusa.com/fb.asp?m=52278

I hope the method worked for jimruffatto, from the original post.

David

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 19
RE: Changing Font size - 11/21/2016 9:06:41 AM   
JasonC

I tried the yearly Calendar and still found that double clicking was best to edit it. I know with using this on Windows 10 some things have the potential to go wrong so anything is possible at this point

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC Printing Specific >> Changing Font size Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4