Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

How do I use alarm?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> How do I use alarm? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do I use alarm? - 9/16/2014 4:43:16 AM   
butterflypat@gmail.c

I have enabled alarm, 48 hrs before event and entered a song by Harry Connick, jr. in both the alarm sound and alarm launch along with the alarm message. When I test it, nothing happens
Post #: 1
RE: How do I use alarm? - 9/16/2014 5:04:03 AM   
DEJenc3

The first question I'll ask: Is Calendar Creator open when you expect the alarm to sound? It has to be open for the alarm to work.

David

(in reply to butterflypat@gmail.c)
Post #: 2
RE: How do I use alarm? - 12/15/2016 4:45:24 PM   
earlp

David, you offered some advice about a month ago when I was looking for help with
alarm schedule. If I have CC in task scheduler, should that enable the alarm to sound?

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 3
RE: How do I use alarm? - 12/15/2016 9:52:45 PM   
DEJenc3

Windows Task Scheduler is beyond my experience, but my assumption is that it would fail from the same problem faced by running Calendar Creator 12 in Startup (and this is just a guess): the need to respond to the User Account Control prompt with the newer operating systems. You have to get CC running in order for an alarm to sound. I don't want to say that it's impossible to use Task Scheduler, but it needs someone with knowledge I don't have of advanced Windows features and perhaps scripting.

Depending on what your need is, and whether it's important that alarms be associated with your Calendar Creator events, you could look into a dedicated alarm program.

David

(in reply to earlp)
Post #: 4
RE: How do I use alarm? - 12/15/2016 10:59:13 PM   
earlp

A dedicated alarm program such as?
Of if I bypassed the User Account Control?

(in reply to DEJenc3)
Post #: 5
RE: How do I use alarm? - 12/15/2016 11:21:26 PM   
JasonC

I wonder if length of the file size would have anything to do with something not playing. Of course I'm not familiar with Calendar Creator 12.1's base coding but you never know what they did

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to earlp)
Post #: 6
RE: How do I use alarm? - 12/16/2016 12:02:27 AM   
DEJenc3

That's possible, Jason, but when I experimented, I used one of the small audio files provided by Calendar Creator. Your suggestion is a reminder that when experimenting, start with the simplest options, especially if provided by the software developer. Then, when those work, substitute your own preferences.

As for alarm alternatives, I suggest starting with Windows own Alarms app. I use this for alarms for the same day, and Yahoo Calendar's Reminders sent to email and phone for calendar type alerts.

There are free alarms, but always choose with caution:
http://downloads.zdnet.com/category/2350/
http://download.cnet.com/s/alarms-clock-software/

David

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> How do I use alarm? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4