Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

What version did I get in my download?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> What version did I get in my download? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What version did I get in my download? - 11/18/2017 7:42:00 PM   
professortim

I just purchased and downloaded what was supposed to be CC deluxe V12.1. I have virtually no tools in this. It seems like a shareware version. I tried to attach a pic, but it won't let me. The version in help states:
Version 1.0.2.493 by StoryRock, Inc
StoryRock Platform Version 10.0.0.493

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: What version did I get in my download? - 11/18/2017 8:48:53 PM   
ellengard

CC version 12.1 is no longer sold by Encore nor Broderbund. You have the latest Win 10 compatible calendar program sold by Encore/Broderbund. It is a new program, not an upgrade of the old one.

Did you order from Broderbund.com?

< Message edited by ellengard -- 11/18/2017 8:59:46 PM >

(in reply to professortim)
Post #: 2
RE: What version did I get in my download? - 11/18/2017 10:07:09 PM   
professortim

I think so, the download came from them

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 3
RE: What version did I get in my download? - 11/18/2017 11:30:38 PM   
ellengard

If you ordered from Broderbund, you got a receipt in your email. It should say what was ordered. So if it says version 12.1, you should certainly be able to get a refund since what you actually received was the StoryRock version.

Post #: 4
RE: What version did I get in my download? - 11/19/2017 9:03:11 AM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: professortim

I think so, the download came from them

Send us an order support ticket here: http://support.encore.com/ordersupport/order_support_frm.aspx and we can help with refunds and more stuff related to the orders.

In the mean time if you would like help using this product, we can definitely answer your questions about how to use the program. As ellengard stated, the program is not an upgrade but a redesign. It takes some time to figure out but as you design you will figure it out.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

Post #: 5
RE: What version did I get in my download? - 11/20/2017 1:26:13 PM   
professortim

Thank you, I would like the latest version of Calendar Creator Deluxe. I am used to using that program and prefer to stay with it. What would be the latest version and how do I go about getting that in place of this? I also ordered the DVDs so I would return those unopened.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 6
RE: What version did I get in my download? - 11/20/2017 2:00:11 PM   
JasonC

There seems to be some confusion on what you're requesting so I'll do my best to figure this out. The one you have that said StoryRock is the latest edition we sell on our website.

Calendar Creator 12.1 Deluxe is not sold by Encore / Broderbund any longer. You may be able to find copies of it online but can't guarantee that.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

Post #: 7
RE: What version did I get in my download? - 11/20/2017 2:33:09 PM   
ellengard

quote:

ORIGINAL: professortim
Thank you, I would like the latest version of Calendar Creator Deluxe. I am used to using that program and prefer to stay with it.

Let's clear up the misconception of a so-called "Calendar Creator upgrade". There is no such thing. The last Calendar Creator with the features and interface that you are familiar with is version 12.1 It is discontinued. When I last checked on amazon, it was listed, but mostly "currently unavailable". Please note that version 12.1 is not supported on Win 10, so any tech problems you encounter running v12.1 on a Win 10 computer, cannot be solved by Encore Tech Support.

To fill in the vaccuum left by the discontinuation of v12.1, and to provide a Win 10 calendar program, Encore offers a newly developed program powered by StoryRock which is called "Calendar Creator" (previously called Calendar Creator 2016 when it was released that year). Although it shares the Calendar Creator name, it is not an upgrade. It is an entirely new calendar program and does not work like v12.1.

If you keep Calendar Creator 2016, you need to approach it as if it has no connection to any earlier Calendar Creator. In fact, the min requirements state:
Not compatible with projects made in Calendar Creator version 12.1 and earlier.

If that is not a workable situation, then you can try to find v12.1 somewhere, but know that there is no tech support for it. (except for an online knowledgebase)

Alternatively, you can look for another calendar program. However, it is unlikely there is one that can ever provide everything that v12.1 did. That was a well-loved classic.

< Message edited by ellengard -- 11/20/2017 2:53:43 PM >

Post #: 8
RE: What version did I get in my download? - 11/20/2017 10:01:10 PM   
professortim

ugh!!! Thank you for this information. Will CC 12.1 NOT work at all with windows 10, or just it just have quirks? I loved the CC program and have been using it for over a decade to make calendars for my 30+ extended family members.

(in reply to ellengard)
Post #: 9
RE: What version did I get in my download? - 11/21/2017 8:32:58 AM   
JasonC

I'll answer that with a "Yes and No"

Yes, that the program will install and run, providing you don't already have the required Net Framework installed on your PC.

However, as Microsoft releases updates, the potential for the program to break (and not work at all any further) greatly increases.

Because The Print Shop 23.1 also contains a version of the Calendar Creator program if you don't install CC 12.1 first, then 23.1, CC won't run.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

Post #: 10
RE: What version did I get in my download? - 11/22/2017 1:47:44 PM   
professortim

Thank you for the info. Gosh, using CC used to be so simple - ergo why I loved it. I am trying to get a refund of the purchase from Broderbund as I really did not like the new version at all.

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [Calendar Creator] >> CC General Functionality >> What version did I get in my download? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4