Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

error while parsing entity name line 5, position 352

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> error while parsing entity name line 5, position 352 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
error while parsing entity name line 5, position 352 - 1/17/2018 6:46:38 PM   
alexmigueis

I can not open print shop 2.3 files on the new version 4.0 . I am using the user guide instructions.

error while parsing entity name line 5, position 352
Please advise

Thanks
Alex

alex migueis
Post #: 1
RE: error while parsing entity name line 5, position 352 - 1/17/2018 6:56:24 PM   
JasonC

Some Print Shop 23.1 files are not compatible due to the formatting of them. This may include excess items or the following issues

*Too many clipart objects

*Too many pictures

*Special text styles

You would need to go into the older program to correct these issues, then try to re-import them in the new program.

On our guest blog, they did a great job of explaining how to make older files ready for the newer versions:

http://www.printshop.com/blog/2015/3/2/how-to-make-your-old-projects-compatible-in-new-programs.aspx

Hope this helps!

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

(in reply to alexmigueis)
Post #: 2
RE: error while parsing entity name line 5, position 352 - 1/18/2018 9:13:56 AM   
alexmigueis

Thank you Jason,

That is disappointing, i have about 30 files and none work, which seems strange? i could understand what you are saying if it were a few, they are very
basic files.
Is there any way i can purchase the old version 2.3 so that i can use these files,

These are files given to me from another person that are very important.

Thank again

alex migueis

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 3
RE: error while parsing entity name line 5, position 352 - 1/18/2018 9:20:05 AM   
alexmigueis

Jason I purchased this because your salesperson and online info said it was a guarantee that files would be compatible. I really could use some help.

alex migueis

Post #: 4
RE: error while parsing entity name line 5, position 352 - 1/18/2018 9:37:32 AM   
JasonC

If you could send a technical email here: http://support.encore.com/technicalsupport/tech_support_frm.aspx?product_id=2647

I'll respond and ask you for some of the files which are affected and see if they open on my test machine.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

Post #: 5
RE: error while parsing entity name line 5, position 352 - 1/18/2018 11:40:16 AM   
alexmigueis

That would be great,
Will do soon.

alex migueis

(in reply to JasonC)
Post #: 6
RE: error while parsing entity name line 5, position 352 - 1/18/2018 12:37:32 PM   
alexmigueis

I sent the technical email back to you, just now. Please instruct on how to proceed with things. It would be great if you can try to open some of the files.

alex migueis

Post #: 7
RE: error while parsing entity name line 5, position 352 - 1/18/2018 12:43:40 PM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: alexmigueis

I sent the technical email back to you, just now. Please instruct on how to proceed with things. It would be great if you can try to open some of the files.

I found your ticket and I responded just now. Please send in the request info. Thank you.

Jason Carver
www.encore.com

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 4.0 >> error while parsing entity name line 5, position 352 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4