Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

PrintMaster Platinum 6.0 Not Accessing Local ClipArt Library

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> PrintMaster Platinum 6.0 Not Accessing Local ClipArt Library Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PrintMaster Platinum 6.0 Not Accessing Local ClipArt Li... - 7/1/2019 10:39:16 AM   
tdwtechsolutions

I'm attempting to help one of my customers with something that seems rudimentary; and maybe I am overlooking the obvious, or there is an option buried that I am unable to put my finger on...

But, I have a customer that is using PrintMaster Platinum 6.0; I know it is an old version; however, he is using this program in a print shop of sorts, and this computer does not have, nor will it have access to the Internet. And here is the problem.

We just replaced his production computer with a newer system as the old computer was failing (hardware issues). The new computer came preloaded with Windows 10 Home (64-Bit).

We installed the PrintMaster Platinum 6.0 from his original installation media; along with all of the clip-art CDs...

Immediately after the installation was complete, we were able to open the PrintMaster application, create projects, open the clip art tab, search for images by category, etc.

Within a one-month timeframe, something has changed to where he can no longer access the clip-art that is stored on his local computer. When he opens the clip-part window to insert images just as he has done before; we can see the images. He selects one to apply to the project, then the wait begins, until an error message appears that PrintMaster was unable to contact the online content server. (I have seen the error message but cannot recall the exact verbiage that it used).

I have verified that the images are saved in the C:\USERS\PUBLIC\STORYROCK\PRINTMASTER 6.0 PLATINUM\COMPONENTS\* folder. However, we cannot get the application to default to this library for images he wishes to use within his PM projects.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to start with this one. I've searched throughout the PM program to try to find an option where to set the clipart/image library paths with no success. I've even gone as far as to browse through the Windows registry keys in relation to the PrintMaster software to see if a registry key may have been modified that would cause PM to misplace the local clipart library.

To put it simply, my customer needs to be able to access the clipart that was installed/saved on his local hard drive in the folder mentioned above, during the software installation rather than the PM application trying to search online for clipart as this production computer will not be connected to the Internet.

Thank you so much for any suggestions that someone may be able to offer.

Troy
Post #: 1
RE: PrintMaster Platinum 6.0 Not Accessing Local ClipAr... - 7/1/2019 3:28:02 PM   
lindarobin

You will need to submit a tech support ticket to get expert computer help.

https://encoresupport.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Here at the users' forum, we share advice on using the program's features such as how to make a greeting card on custom size card stock or tips for designing a file that can be uploaded for professional printing.

If it's a compatibility issue with the latest Win 10 updates, I hope there is a solution. The latest version of PrintMaster is Win 10 compatible, but the clipart gallery is online only so an internet connection is essential.

(in reply to tdwtechsolutions)
Post #: 2
RE: PrintMaster Platinum 6.0 Not Accessing Local ClipAr... - 7/1/2019 5:40:52 PM   
tdwtechsolutions

Thank you for the advice. And here is brewing another source of frustration... Please allow me to share with you the flow that I have been through already...

I called Encore / Broderbund software directly. I was told that the company does not have a tech support team to take calls over the phone. That I needed to send an email to support@encore.com for assistance.

Following the advise of the phone / receptionist, I sent the email with the inquiry to support@encore.com and was directed HERE for support. Please see a copy of the email response that was received:

Encore Software via freshdesk.com
Jun 28, 2019, 2:44 AM (3 days ago)
to troy

Dear Troy Williams,

I understand you are looking for support on an older program. However, we are unable to assist you with this program because it has been discontinued from production.
If you are looking for support on an older program, you may visit our online forums at http://forums.encoreusa.com and our online community may be able to help you.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks & Regards,

Taqi Ahmed
Support Engineer
https://www.encore.com
https://www.broderbund.com

And now, I am being told that the forums are to provide support for using the product and not technical support... and now I have to go to yet another group/team/department. Considering that the email stated clearly that they are not offering support for an application that is no longer produced and directed me here; I honestly feel this is the run-around approach to send me back to another group/department that will give me the same response as Taqi Ahmed, the support engineer.

I'm now finding myself to be just as frustrated as my customer.

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 3
RE: PrintMaster Platinum 6.0 Not Accessing Local ClipAr... - 7/1/2019 7:45:57 PM   
lindarobin

That is disappointing that there is no longer any tech support for version 6.0. I knew phone support was discontinued back in 2016, but I'd hoped they could still help via email.

It's a little strange that you'd be referred to this user-to-user support forum for a clearly tech problem, but I guess when there isn't tech support for an old product, there is the chance that a user may have encountered your problem and figured out a fix.

I don't work for Encore - I have used PrintMaster and The Print Shop for 15 years for my own desktop publishing work, and enjoy sharing techniques for designing cards, labels, etc. Not a computer geek, unfortunately.

Hopefully, someone who is, will come across this thread.

Can your client still import images from other locations on his hard drive, like the Pictures folder? Are the images in C:\USERS\PUBLIC\STORYROCK\PRINTMASTER 6.0 PLATINUM\COMPONENTS\ jpg and png files? If so, he may be able to import them in the same manner we import a digital photo into a project.

Post #: 4
RE: PrintMaster Platinum 6.0 Not Accessing Local ClipAr... - 7/2/2019 8:07:48 AM   
JasonC

quote:

ORIGINAL: tdwtechsolutions

And now, I am being told that the forums are to provide support for using the product and not technical support... and now I have to go to yet another group/team/department. Considering that the email stated clearly that they are not offering support for an application that is no longer produced and directed me here; I honestly feel this is the run-around approach to send me back to another group/department that will give me the same response as Taqi Ahmed, the support engineer.

I'm now finding myself to be just as frustrated as my customer.

Correct. Our 800 number is for sales only, we no longer accept tech calls on our phones any more.

In addition there are two programs:

PrintMaster 6.0 Platinum
PrintMaster v6 Platinum

In any scenario both of these programs are not supported by any means through Tech Support online anymore due to the age of these programs. We currently offer support for PrintMaster v7 Platinum, V8 Platinum and PrintMaster 2019

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

Post #: 5
RE: PrintMaster Platinum 6.0 Not Accessing Local ClipAr... - 7/2/2019 8:11:35 AM   
JasonC

I think that these forums: http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=54809&mpage=1&key=혜

PM 18.1 and older may have the content you're looking for.

While we did have legacy articles available for much older programs, I think the focus more is on current programs now. But the link above should help some.

Jason Carver
Encore Sales Department and Customer Service
www.encore.com
For Tech Support, visit http://support.encore.com

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 6.0 (released 2013) >> PrintMaster Platinum 6.0 Not Accessing Local ClipArt Library Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4