Encore Forums Encore Forums

Knowledgebase  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Cmyk and image size

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Cmyk and image size Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cmyk and image size - 6/19/2009 8:46:57 AM   
Justme1974

Hello, i have Print shop pro 23 deluxe

How do i change to cmyk? (Tell me that the developers put this feature into the software because MOST commercial printers print in CMYK)

The next question i have is regarding the dotted lines on the paper (On screen). Heres the problem. The edge of the "on screen" paper is about 1/4" past the dotted lines. Are the dotted lines there to represent the "safe zone" or is that the actual edge of the printed product? When exporting as a JPG i can only get it to export what is INSIDE the dotted lines. So i chose a 4x6 postcard paper, designed it, exported as JPG, sent JPG to printer, he sent me back a post card that had a white border all around. When i asked why there was a border, he explained that the JPG i sent was not 4x6 it was like 3.75x5.75. Which is about what the measurements are inside the dotted lines.

I am thinking about creating a custom paper where the dotted lines are actually 4x6 which would make the on screen paper about 4.25x6.25, then when i export as jpg, the image should be 4x6. ???????? Seems to me that this is not how it is supposed to work.

When i save as PDF i get what i call a "SKIP" every so often on the page. kinda like vertical lines 1/8" thick that are exact copies of the area below it. (Like if you took the tops of each of these letters and copied and pasted them just above the original letters almost like a drop shadow) That is why i export as JPG

Any suggestions or comments?

Thanks
RL
Post #: 1
RE: Cmyk and image size - 6/19/2009 10:08:11 AM   
lindarobin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Justme1974
How do i change to cmyk?

There is no option to display CMYK color on your screen. I don't think there are any programs under $200 that can do so.

quote:

... the dotted lines on the paper (On screen).

That is YOUR printer's unprintable margin area. You can eliminate that area by changing your default printer to the PDF printer.

quote:

... that the JPG i sent was not 4x6 it was like 3.75x5.75. Which is about what the measurements are inside the dotted lines.

Create a new blank page project. Draw a 4x6 rectangle on the page and design inside it. Then select all, group and export that group as JPG. i.e. don't export the project, export the group. Then you have a perfect 4x6 image and margins aren't even relevant.

Or create a custom sized blank page project with no margins.

quote:

When i save as PDF i get what i call a "SKIP" every so often on the page.

That may not happen if you have your printer set to the PDF printer before you start your project and if you PRINT to the PDF printer, rather than SAVE AS PDF.

Otherwise, try the very good and free PDF convertor at http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

You need BOTH exe files.

(in reply to Justme1974)
Post #: 2
RE: Cmyk and image size - 3/24/2023 4:08:12 AM   
abel1303

It's important to note that some drive mad colors may look different in CMYK compared to RGB or other color modes. This is because CMYK uses a different color spectrum than RGB, which can result in less vibrant colors.

(in reply to lindarobin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS General functionality >> Cmyk and image size Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Please Note: In order to post a message on the forums, you will need to become an Encore Forum Member. Click on the Register link on the top of this page and follow the instructions to become an Encore Forum Member.

If you are a new member and need help using these forums, please click on the FAQ link at the top of this page.

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4