PM 17 - e-mailing Animated Greeting (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality

Robertj -> PM 17 - e-mailing Animated Greeting (5/18/2007 6:58:06 AM)

When I send an Animated Greeting via e-mail the recipients are unable to open the attachment as it is in .exe

What can I do tht would allow them to open the attachment?

Hopefully someone could give me a 'walk through' on this one (ie open this, click on this and then do this)

Operating System is Win XP Pro
Print Master is Gold Ver. 17

ellengard -> RE: e-mailing Print Master (5/18/2007 9:45:39 AM)

Hello, Robert. There are several different ways to make a e-greeting for e-mailing.

The first is what you are trying to do - send an exe file. To get past security, you can rename card.exe to card.doc by right-clicking the filename then selecting Rename from the list of choices. Then attach the card.doc to your e-mail. Big drawback to this: Your recipient has to save card.doc, rename it back to card.exe, scan it with the virus program*, and then can finally play it.

*unless the recipient is convinced that you created this exe from scratch with a reputable card-making program and did not get it from somewhere else from where its creator put a virus in it.

In my opinion, most recipients would rather just delete the e-mail than go through this aggravation.

So here are the other options for making easy-to-view e-mails. Please choose the one that you'd like to do.

* create a PDF that can be viewed with Adobe Reader.
* create JPGs that open automatically in the e-mail program.
* create a webpage that you e-mail the link to.

Only the webpage can contain animated effects.

If you need examples to help you make your choice, let me know.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4