Accessing Art from installed Art CDs (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality

plantsower -> Accessing Art from installed Art CDs (8/11/2007 6:31:58 PM)

OK, this is probably obvious, but I need help. I was able to install the two Art CDs I got with my printmaster Platinum 16. Now where are they? When I go to the Search Art and Photos, it doesn't look like I have anymore than I had when I only had the original CD in. Have they been incorporated into all the other Art and Photos already there, or is there somewhere else I am supposed to click now that they are on my harddrive?

Thanks.

Rita

Brandy redux -> RE: Accessing Art from installed Art CDs (8/11/2007 8:40:48 PM)

Hi Rita,

As you may have already noticed, PrintMaster 16 offers 2 install options - Typical and Custom.

The Typical option installs the program but does not install the Art CDs; and, the Typical option requires you to insert a CD in the drive from time to time.

The Custom option allows you to install the Art CDs; and, the Custom option allows you to use the program without having to insert a CD in the drive.

However, BOTH install options put EXACTLY the same number of graphics in Search Art and Photos. That is because graphics are not actually installed in Search Art and Photos. The only thing that is installed in Search Art and Photos are thumbnail images for ALL graphics that are included with the program. And, both the Typical install option and the Custom install option install thumbnail images for ALL graphics that are included with the program.

So, when you install the Art CDs, you don't actually put more graphics in Search Art and Photos. The only thing that is accomplished when you install the Art CDs is that you no longer have to insert a CD in the drive.

plantsower -> RE: Accessing Art from installed Art CDs (8/11/2007 9:37:59 PM)

Thanks Brandy. I thought I was getting extra art. That makes sense, though. I knew I had to do a custom install to get it on the computer and not have to use the CD each time. I just didn't know exactly how it worked. Thanks for clearing that up. I know I can go on the internet to get more, but there are plenty to choose from already.

Rita[:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4