Reduce size of project by half (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality

Lemon Blossom -> Reduce size of project by half (1/14/2008 9:37:40 AM)

I have the Print Master Gold 17 program. I have used it many times but can not seem to figure out how to do the following:

I have created a project using a Print Master border/background with many text boxes inside the border and on the background itself. The project is an invitation to a party. However, I realized that I created the entire invitation 2X too big. (It uses a whole page to print, I need to print 2 invites per page.) Is there any way I can just proportionately re-size the entire project in one move, in stead of having to re-size the border and then having to re-size all of the text within the boxes to fit the newly sized border?

lindarobin -> RE: Reduce size of project by half (1/14/2008 10:18:47 AM)

I can tell you how, but I need you to confirm that the current project is:

1. a blank page project
2. letter size, portrait orientation
3. single-sided

Lemon Blossom -> RE: Reduce size of project by half (1/14/2008 2:35:35 PM)

Thank you. And yes to all.

lindarobin -> RE: Reduce size of project by half (1/14/2008 8:04:14 PM)

Open your project. Go to File| Printer Setup... and change the size of your paper to 5.5x7.1. Your project looks the same, but you will notice that the rulers now show a smaller space.

Cut your paper in half and load your printer with it. You are now ready to print "half size" invitations.

lindarobin -> RE: Reduce size of project by half (1/14/2008 8:15:26 PM)

Just a bit of explanation here. 5.5x7.1 is the same proportion as 8.5x11, so when everything "shrinks", there shouldn't be any vertical or horizontal distortion. However, there's no accounting for how your printer will set the margins on the page and those margins could alter the proportion enough that you may need to widen or lengthen some elements or text boxes.

Lemon Blossom -> RE: Reduce size of project by half (1/16/2008 8:33:58 AM)

Thanks so much for your help. I have a really awesome printer, it should work well. Thanks again and God bless you!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
2.929688E-02