Drop shadow disappearing (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [The Print Shop 23.1 and older] >> PS Web Pages

julpickett -> Drop shadow disappearing (8/19/2008 9:53:21 AM)

Sorry to ask about another problem so quickly.

Whenever I apply a drop shadow to one of my graphics, it looks great on my work page, but when I preview it as a web page, the shadow isn't there.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Brandy redux -> RE: Drop shadow disappearing (8/19/2008 12:37:05 PM)

Hi julpickett,

Web projects cannot render special effects for graphics like drop shadow. So, in order to put a drop shadow into a web page, you will need to take a screen shot of the project page at 100% and then crop the screenshot and place it into the project, replacing the previous graphic.

julpickett -> RE: Drop shadow disappearing (8/19/2008 12:49:24 PM)

Thank you. I've tried doing a screen shot using that little 'page graphic looking' key next to the 'Print Screen' key and pressing the 'Print Screen' key, but nothing pops up. Is there another way to do this?

Brandy redux -> RE: Drop shadow disappearing (8/19/2008 1:27:22 PM)

Hi julpickett,

When you press the Print Screen key to do a screen shot, nothing will pop up. Instead, you must open Paint or another graphics program then PASTE the screen shot into that program. Then, you would crop the screenshot and save it as a graphic image to import into Print Shop.

Brandy redux -> RE: Drop shadow disappearing (8/19/2008 3:44:22 PM)

Here's another option julpickett,

Zoom in to desired graphic then hit the Print Scrn key. Immediately press Ctrl-V to paste the clipboard back into the same web project. Then, use Photo Workshop to crop to the graphic with drop shadow.

julpickett -> RE: Drop shadow disappearing (8/19/2008 9:43:43 PM)

Thank you. Unfortunately it didn't work. It looked like it was going to when I pasted it onto my work page, but when I previewed it, it was terribly grainy. I'm thinking that this program won't quite do what I want from it, but it wasn't an expensive program, so I can understand that.

Thanks again. And thanks for teaching me about screen shots, something I always wanted to learn how to do!

[image]local://upfiles/14699/5531DDA4F8B54197B6C3A2F19BA414EE.jpg[/image]

Brandy redux -> RE: Drop shadow disappearing (8/21/2008 4:24:12 PM)

Hi julpickett,

With a little testing it has been determined that the disappearing drop shadow is being caused by a problem with the program. When the same drop shadow (i.e. upper left, upper right, lower left right, etc.) is assigned to more than one image on the page, only one image will display the drop shadow when the Web Page is previewed. However, when a different drop shadow is assigned to each image on the page, the assigned drop shadow will display for each image when the Web Page was previewed.

As to your problem with the grainy images, that problem is being caused by pixelation. And, you should be able to eliminate the pixelation by zooming in as much as possible on the image (without cutting off any part of the image) before you press the Print Screen key. This should dramatically reduce the amount of cropping required and give you an image with more pixels (i.e. better quality).

Brandy redux -> RE: Drop shadow disappearing (8/21/2008 4:45:26 PM)

And, a little more testing has shown that the drop shadow will often not be displayed for even a single image when the Web Page is previewed. Other items on the page can determine whether or not a drop shadow is displayed when the Web Page is previewed.

julpickett -> RE: Drop shadow disappearing (8/21/2008 5:09:50 PM)

Once again, thank you. I was about to reply that losing the shadow happened with only one graphic, and then I saw your second reply.

I think I figured out the grainy picture. When you do any alteration on a photo, it converts it to a GIF file. I saw this when I published to a folder and looked at the folder. Then I read it in Linda's help sheets. She explained how to go through and export to JPEG and switch them out in the HTML, but I'm going to be using a lot of photos and that seems very time consuming.

Honestly, at this point I think that I was expecting too much of this program. It's great for blogs or simple projects, but not for what I'm shooting for. I actually didn't buy it for the web page building, but the other things it does, and I'm pleased with those parts and it was worth buying it.

I thank you and Linda very much for all of the help! It wasn't wasted as I now know how to take screen shots and am more comfortable going into the HTML index.

Thanks again,
Julie

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
1.611328E-02