PDF size too big (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality

owen1803 -> PDF size too big (4/11/2010 4:11:18 PM)

Hello I bought the print shop ver23 to do a monthly newsletter. When i was using MS Word for the newsletter it was normally around 700KB in pdf form. When I use your product approximately the same size document is 27,000 KB in pdf form and cannot be emailed. Any suggestions?

ellengard -> RE: PDF size too big (4/11/2010 4:46:06 PM)

The reason the size is so large, is that the entire newsletter has been rendered into high resolution images with *no text*.

MS Word docs can easily be converted to PDF with embedded fonts and this text takes only a fraction of the file size of images.

Unfortunately Print Shop and PrintMaster projects don't have the ability to convert to PDF with embedded fonts.

The workaround is to create your newsletter graphics in PS, then import them into Word. Complete your newsletter in Word by adding your text boxes. Convert the Word doc to PDF using a PDF convertor that can embed fonts.

For a one page newsletter, another workaround is to preview it as a web page, then "print" the web page to PDF. There are many steps to doing this right. Please click here for my contact info to get more details about both workaround methods.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4