Hoyle Card Games has encountered a problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Games] >> [Hoyle®] >> Hoyle Card Games 2005

txbecky -> Hoyle Card Games has encountered a problem (5/20/2010 7:12:37 PM)

When trying to open the program Hoyle Card Games 2005 a message pops up which states "Hoyle Card Games has encountered a problem and needs to close." It is in the Microsoft format and gives the option to "send" or "don't send." I have uninstalled the program, then reinstalled using the express option, but the problem did not disappear. Can anyone give me any idea on how to resolve this problem? It has been working very nicely up to this point. Windows XP is my operating system.

Brandy redux -> RE: Hoyle Card Games has encountered a problem (5/20/2010 7:44:38 PM)

Hi txbecky,

That error message is telling you that your installation has become corrupt. However, it normally takes more than a simple uninstall and reinstall to solve the problem - because a simple uninstall and reinstall is not enough to remove all corruption.

Following is the recommended solution for fixing a corrupt installation.

A. Click on this link

Updating Video Card Driver: 2000/XP/Vista/7/Mac OS X 10.4.0 and later

then follow the directions in that FAQ for updating your video card driver.

B. Click on this link

Uninstalling Software: Thoroughly & Safely

then follow the directions in that FAQ.

To make sure that all remnants of the program have been removed, it is VERY important to follow ALL directions in that FAQ for searching the hard drive. So, before you proceed to the next step, you should search your C:\ drive for Hoyle then delete any Hoyle files and folders that are found. HOWEVER, if you have other Hoyle games installed on your computer, you will want to be sure to NOT delete any Hoyle files and folders that are not related to Hoyle Card Games 2005.

It is also VERY important to keep in mind that the registry should NOT be edited manually to remove remnants of the program. Instead, the registry should be cleaned ONLY by performing Step #4 in the "Computer Cleanup on WinXP & WinVista" FAQ recommended below.

C. Click on this link

Computer Cleanup on WinXP & WinVista

To make sure that all problems have been found, it is VERY important to perform ALL 7 steps. It is also very important to NOT perform any procedures that are not recommended in this FAQ.

D. Click on this link

'Clean' Install on Win98/Me/XP/2000/Vista

And, when you reinstall the program, it would be advisable to NOT use the Express Option - because the method which is used to install the problem is not related to the corruption which is causing the program to fail to open.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4