Blurry Headline (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> PrintMaster 2012

timandshan -> Blurry Headline (10/13/2011 9:07:02 PM)

I just purchased printmaster 2012 today. when I tried to print my first project, the clip art was crisp, but the headlines were blurred. I tried several different settings and sizes with the same result. What am I doing wrong?

ellengard -> RE: Blurry Headline (10/13/2011 11:23:43 PM)

I did some testing, comparing regular text to headline text (with different effects). In printing and in exporting to JPG, headline text is noticeably blurrier. So this appears to be a problem with headline text.

The letter "e" on the left is regular text. The edges are sharp. No so with the headline "e" on the right.

[image]local://upfiles/9017/F9C7808C93DF441496D8224A9787366E.jpg[/image]

timandshan -> RE: Blurry Headline (10/14/2011 1:46:41 PM)

Thank you, ellengard, for your post.... that is exactly what mine looks like when it prints no matter what font I use.

ellengard -> RE: Blurry Headline (10/14/2011 5:12:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: timandshan
... I then checked Enable Fill and chose Solid Color (i used one of the browns). Then I clicked on the box and used the arrows to adjust the size of my headline to fit my project. When I printed that and saw that it looked blurred.

As a workaround, use a regular text box and change the font size to 200 or however large you need it to be. Shadows and colors can be applied to regular text. Duplicating the text in a different color and positioning it a few pixels off-center is an alternative to a headline outline.

timandshan -> RE: Blurry Headline (10/14/2011 7:30:43 PM)

Thanks for your advice, that is definitely an option....I can use text that way in some of what I do, but I really like being able to change the shapes occasionally. The shape feature in text is more limited than in headlines. I'm a little disappointed at this point. When I purchase a new program, I expect all of the features to work like they are supposed to.

ellengard -> RE: Blurry Headline (10/14/2011 8:32:39 PM)

The same problem occurs in My Memories Suite which like PrintMaster 2012, is also powered by StoryRock. The feature, "Word Art Designer" (aka Headlines) produces blurry letters. Really too bad because the effects options are great - bevel, texture fills, etc.

Brandy redux -> RE: Blurry Headline (10/14/2011 8:35:35 PM)

Hi timandshan,

If you purchased PrintMaster 2012 from a retail store within the last 90 days or from broderbund.com or encore.com within the last 30 days, please do keep in mind that you are eligible for a refund - even after the software has been opened and installed.

Please click on the link below

http://support.encore.com/customerservice/refunds.aspx

to check out the Refund Policy.

Then, please consider the fact that PrintMaster 18, which can be purchased here

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=PrintMaster+18&x=0&y=0

and PrintMaster 18.1, which can be purchased here

http://www.broderbund.com/c-32-printmaster.aspx

can both create crisp headlines which are not fuzzy.

And, if you will click on the link below

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=37889

you will see that it is possible to successfully install both PrintMaster 18 and PrintMaster 18.1 on even a 64-bit version of Windows 7.

If you already own PrintMaster 18.1 or an earlier version of PrintMaster, you will want to keep in mind that PrintMaster 2012 is not a true upgrade of any previous version of PrintMaster - except PrintMaster 2.0 and PrintMaster 2011. Instead, PrintMaster 2012 is a completely redesigned and rewritten product which works in an entirely different manner than the PrintMaster 18.1 and earlier versions of PrintMaster.

timandshan -> RE: Blurry Headline (10/14/2011 9:08:47 PM)

Thank you very much....you were extremely helpful...I will probably try to get the refund and purchase one of the other versions you suggested.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4