PM 17 Gold - No setup.exe on original CD (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality

chemwiz1 -> PM 17 Gold - No setup.exe on original CD (12/16/2011 1:37:10 PM)

I purchased the PM 17 Gold CD several years ago and installed it on a desktop with Win XP SP3. It is still on that desktop and running fine.

I just tried to install this same CD on my laptop with Win XP SP3, but there is no setup.exe file on the CD. The CD contains only the following files/folders:

Setup (a folder -- there is no setup.exe file in this folder or any of its subfolders)
Autodisable.exe
AUTORUN.INF

Was this CD automatically disabled once I had installed in on the desktop so it cannot be installed on any other PCs such as my laptop? Is there anything I can do to install it on the laptop?

Both the desktop and laptop are in my home and used only by me.

Thanks!

Brandy redux -> RE: PM 17 Gold - No setup.exe on original CD (12/16/2011 1:58:25 PM)

Hi chemwiz1,

You are trying to install PrintMaster Gold 17 with the wrong CD.

The "Autodisable.exe" file is found only on the Program CD and the Art CDs. The program must be installed from the Install CD.

chemwiz1 -> RE: PM 17 Gold - No setup.exe on original CD (12/16/2011 5:42:31 PM)

That was it! It had been so long since I'd installed the software on my desktop that I'd forgotten there were multiple CDs. I had kept the Art CD out because I needed to access it to create new projects, but I had put the Install CD back in the original box and promptly forgotten about it. Everything is now working fine on my laptop.

Thanks for your help!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4