PM 18.1 Printing Black Text (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality

Yoda -> PM 18.1 Printing Black Text (6/18/2012 12:08:44 PM)

I saved my printmaster advertisement as a pdf file and sent it to a printer. The printer requires the black text to be all black. The black I sent is a photo black a four color black that they cannot use. How can I set the black color to all black for my text?

ellengard -> RE: PM 18.1 Printing Black Text (6/18/2012 2:33:38 PM)

Change the text color in all your text boxes to black (the pure black in the B/W palette).

Yoda -> RE: PM 18.1 Printing Black Text (6/18/2012 3:12:47 PM)

My printmaster 18.1 Platinum version only has a color palette that I am aware of. How to I access a black palette?

ellengard -> RE: PM 18.1 Printing Black Text (6/18/2012 4:56:59 PM)

You can go into the More colors to make sure your text color is RGB 0,0,0.

[image]local://upfiles/9017/B18C683E6A92492FA47E068FCAC6A72D.jpg[/image]

Yoda -> RE: PM 18.1 Printing Black Text (6/19/2012 2:00:36 PM)

I changed all the black text and headline outlines to all black text as you suggested.Then I converted the file to PDF using the Broderbund PDF conversion program. That is the file that goes to the Printing Company. I received a message from the Printing Company that the black text is still using 4 colors. Could it be that the PDF file conversion program is modifying the all black text to 4 color black when it does the conversion? I renamed the output PDF file to a new name to be sure it was definitely a different file from the first one I sent.

ellengard -> RE: PM 18.1 Printing Black Text (6/19/2012 2:22:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yoda
I changed all the black text and headline outlines to all black text as you suggested.Then I converted the file to PDF using the Broderbund PDF conversion program.

The Broderbund PDF conversion program converts your project into one flat image so really, there is no text in your file. The proof is that you can't copy the text and paste it into NotePad. A PDF conversion program that can embed the font and keep the text as text is what you need.

However, it shouldn't be a problem for the printing company to just print your PDF as image.

ellengard -> RE: PM 18.1 Printing Black Text (6/19/2012 2:35:10 PM)

If it is essential that your PDF contain embedded fonts, you can email me your PrintMaster project file (not the PDF file). I'll make a PDF with embedded fonts for you.

ellengard -> RE: PM 18.1 Printing Black Text (6/19/2012 2:46:29 PM)

When you open your PDF in Adobe Reader and check the doc properties, you can see which fonts are embedded. However, if nothing shows in the fonts tab, you know there is no text in your PDF.

[image]local://upfiles/9017/0AF9D3ACD0A545FE8C6607CF3689D1CB.gif[/image]

Yoda -> RE: PM 18.1 Printing Black Text (6/19/2012 10:01:05 PM)

I did what you suggested about copying to notepad and it did not paste, so there was no text. I did what you suggested about looking at the properties in Adobe Reader and there were no fonts as you suggested. I looked through many convert to pdf programs via the internet and could not identify one that would do what you suggested from their descriptions and from my lack of familiarity of the terms involved like icc,cmyk, etc. The magazine I am trying to advertise in has said the printing company only takes pdf files containing all black text and 2 color colors.
They said they could work with what I have sent them if I just get the text to all black. I think the best thing would be for you to see what I have done in printmaster - it is a combo of text in text boxes, jpegs, headlines with black outlines color. I have tried to make the black all black and the colored text from just 2 colors. But when it goes to pdf, as you said, all that info is gone.

I would like to take you up on your offer to see if you can convert my printmaster file into what the print company is asking for. I will email it to you.

Yoda -> RE: PM 18.1 Printing Black Text (6/19/2012 10:51:23 PM)

I was unable to attache a printmaster file or any file to an email. I was unable to attach it to a post. I was unable to attach it to a private message.

Is there another way to get the printmaster file to you?

ellengard -> RE: PM 18.1 Printing Black Text (6/21/2012 1:40:11 PM)

The email function on the forum is for making contact. After contact is made, attachments can be sent. Depending on one's security settings, the emails sent from here may end up in SPAM/JUNK folder, so I try to remember to check those folders.

I hope the PDF with embedded fonts works out for you. Do let us know here on the forum. It can help others know what requirements are necessary for creating a magazine ad.

Yoda -> RE: PM 18.1 Printing Black Text (6/27/2012 3:06:51 PM)

Printmaster 18.1 has the option to build a file with all black text, but when it is converted to a PDF file, the all black text information is not sent. The file was rebuilt using another product which allowed for fonts to be embedded. However, the text still came in as 4 color rather than all black. The printing company was able to modify the second file sent to make the text all black which it could not do with the PDF created by the printmaster file. The type of printing process being used by the printing company is coldweb offset printing.
However, I just discovered another possible solution. The printing company can work with a JPG file. Printmaster 18.1 has the option to create a JPG file using the "Export as" feature on the File drop down list.
I used the feature for another printmaster project and it worked fine. I specified 600 resolution to get the clearest JPG picture.

Yoda -> RE: PM 18.1 Printing Black Text (6/28/2012 8:18:46 AM)

I need to correct my last post. Sending a JPG created from Printmaster to the printing company would not have worked because the need for all black text would not have been met.

ellengard -> RE: PM 18.1 Printing Black Text (6/28/2012 10:29:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yoda
Sending a JPG created from Printmaster to the printing company would not have worked because the need for all black text would not have been met.

That makes sense because a JPG does not contain text, only pixels, so there's no way to isolate the text in order to affect its color.

ellengard -> RE: PM 18.1 Printing Black Text (6/28/2012 11:39:18 AM)

Magazines using coldweb offset printing have certain requirements for the way their ads are made - programs such as Quark, Illustrator and InDesign are preferred. If there is more ad work to be done with magazines, PrintMaster won't be able to do the complete job, but it certainly can be used to design your JPG.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4