Designer Art Collection Ue (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> [PrintMaster 18.1 and older] >> PM General Functionality

nonnox15 -> Designer Art Collection Ue (10/24/2012 11:36:26 AM)

I have Printmaster Platinum 7. It came with a disk labeled Designer Art Collection.
I use Windows Vista 32 bit.
In the art categories there are two directories listed: Fun Photos and Photo fun.
Fun photos is also in Printmaster 18, which I also use.
In Fun Photos you can place a photo in the art.
I had thought that you can also do that with Photo Fun, but I haven't used it in a while but when I tried the it yesterday, when selecting layer and move back one layer, the photo was put behind the art and NOT in the art, as in Fun Photo.
I went back to using Printmaster 7 because Printmaster 18 wouldn't open the art on the Designer Art Collection and there were some art there that I wanted to use.
Has anyone used this art that can help me on this?
Thanks

lindarobin -> RE: Designer Art Collection Ue (10/24/2012 2:31:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nonnox15

I have Printmaster Platinum 7... Photo Fun, but I haven't used it in a while but when I tried the it yesterday, when selecting layer and move back one layer, the photo was put behind the art and NOT in the art, as in Fun Photo.

I don't have these version 7 disks, but I can suggest that the art in Photo Fun, where the graphic has a transparent area, you can re-position your photo behind the transparent area. I suspect that not all the graphics have transparent areas.

Brandy redux -> RE: Designer Art Collection Ue (10/24/2012 2:52:01 PM)

Hi nonnox15,

Even though my version of PrintMaster Platinum 7 does not include the Design Art disk, I do actually own one of the Design Art Collections, which were, at one time, sold separately for the American Greetings CreataCard programs. And, since I discovered several years ago that the Design Art Collections are not compatible with even a 32-bit version of Windows Vista, that means that those disks cannot be installed on any Operating System newer than WinXP. And, worst of all, since the graphic images on the Design Art disks are not stored as individual images, the only way to access the images on those disks is to install the disks on compatible Operating Systems.

As to where you said this:

"when selecting layer and move back one layer, the photo was put behind the art and NOT in the art, as in Fun Photo."

I suspect that what you are trying to do is to fill in the transparent areas in some of the Fun Photo clipart - where entire faces or individual facial features or other items are placed. I am aware that some older software was specifically designed to automatically position an item in the transparent area of the selected image. However, since the newer versions of PrintMaster are not designed with that feature, your only option would be to use the layer option.

nonnox15 -> RE: Designer Art Collection Ue (1/20/2014 1:32:46 PM)

I was looking for help with Printmaster 6.0 and came across this post. Lo and behold, it is mine.
I wanted more "Fun Photos" or "Photo Fun" templates. I noticed that they were made by Arc Soft (I think is the company). I went to their web site and was very disappointed with their new templates. I'll leave it at that.
I decided to upgrade my Printmaster 18 to Printmaster 6.0.
Also a disappointment. Had problems printing my first project. I might have that figured out.
However, the selection of clipart, (unless you want to buy packages) seems very limited. I tried to make an anniversary card for my grandson and the only clipart they have is cows etc. in pink.
Is their more clipart for Printmaster 6 that I am missing.
With Printmaster 18 I could select Clipart and category and had plenty of GOOD clipart to choose from.
Not so, it seems, with Printmaster 6.
Thought I would check out this forum before I go to customer service and ask for a refund.
PM 6 does seem to take some getting used to. You almost have to learn to make projects all over again because the methods are so different.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JasonC -> RE: Designer Art Collection Ue (1/20/2014 1:43:34 PM)

Print Master v6 requires an online connection in order to get clipart.

If you don't have an internet connection you can't effectively use this product unless you purchase a product such as the Creatvity Collection to use offline on that computer.

nonnox15 -> RE: Designer Art Collection Ue (1/20/2014 4:24:10 PM)

Yes I have internet. BUT, the clip art I saw online you had to pay for.
With PM18, most of the clip art was online. You could see the thumbnail and then download it if you wanted.
There were not any "packs" that you had to buy as with PM 6.
OR, am I missing something?

ellengard -> RE: Designer Art Collection Ue (1/20/2014 4:29:32 PM)

There are thousands of clipart that come with PrintMaster Platinum 6.0. Click "Clip Art" on the left sidebar.

Also, there is a lot of FREE art available on Printmasterpacks.com - just click the Free Clip Art link near the top of the page. Some beautiful PNG frames where all you need to do is slide a photo underneath... and they're free!

For example:
http://www.printmasterpacks.com/system/0072/2085/mm_preview.jpg?1389804414

ellengard -> RE: Designer Art Collection Ue (1/20/2014 4:52:55 PM)

If you have more PrintMaster 6.0 related questions, please start a new thread at the PrintMaster 6.0 forum:
http://forums.encoreusa.com/tt.asp?forumid=284

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4
8.007813E-02