inserting mail merge fields in TPS 3.0 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Product Forums] >> [Productivity Software] >> The Print Shop 3.0

nloeffel -> inserting mail merge fields in TPS 3.0 (12/4/2012 9:13:22 PM)

I am trying to create envelopes in PS 3.0 with mail merge fields. I have created the address book, and have inserted a text block into the envelope. However, when I click into it and get a cursor for typing, I do not get the mail merge fields in the ribbon at the top of the page (nor anywhere else). My version is 3.0.6. I am open to any suggestions. Thanks!

ellengard -> RE: inserting mail merge fields in TPS 3.0 (12/4/2012 9:31:34 PM)

The part I have highlighted in this screen capture is completely missing in your Text tab?

[image]local://upfiles/9017/07FE0C713BDC448D92CB9DEBA385F0F9.jpg[/image]

ellengard -> RE: inserting mail merge fields in TPS 3.0 (12/4/2012 9:38:55 PM)

I think I know what's up. Mail merge is not available in the Deluxe version. I don't understand why the Address Book would be available since it doesn't have much purpose without Mail Merge. [&o]
[image]http://www.broderbund.com/images/broderbund/product_pages/theprintshop3_deluxe/tps3_del_vs_pro.png[/image]

nloeffel -> RE: inserting mail merge fields in TPS 3.0 (12/5/2012 9:28:09 AM)

Correct. The part you have highlighted is missing from the tab. I do not have the Deluxe version; I have the standard version. I have contacted tech support and they told me to install the update; however, I have the most current version of 3.0, so there is no update.

ellengard -> RE: inserting mail merge fields in TPS 3.0 (12/5/2012 11:42:36 AM)

Standard version is the version under Deluxe. Only Professional version will include mail merge function. Sorry.

nloeffel -> RE: inserting mail merge fields in TPS 3.0 (12/5/2012 11:49:29 AM)

That's strange, since it has the "how to" in their technical support pages and manual pages for 3.0. Also, when I did contact them, they consider this an error. Unfortunately, it just doesn't work. Thanks.

CrystalE -> RE: inserting mail merge fields in TPS 3.0 (12/5/2012 12:27:27 PM)

According to this post

http://forums.encoreusa.com/tm.asp?m=44037

the PS 3.0 Comparison Chart is incorrect and mail merge is possible in both the Professional and Deluxe versions. Mail merge works just fine for me in my Deluxe version.

The reason why Print Shop 3.0 standard has the "how to" in their technical support pages and manual pages is that all Broderbund & Encore products have always listed all available features in all versions of a product, even though all features are normally included in the most expensive version.

BAM -> RE: inserting mail merge fields in TPS 3.0 (12/9/2012 3:49:57 PM)

I just got TPS 3.05 Professional. I made my mail merge labels but have a problem I can't solve. With TPS Deluxe 22 which I had had, the program knew when to include a field, like a spouse, and when not to leave the space or include an unneeded "and" when there was no spouse. Is there any way to accomplish the same thing with TPS 3 lables?

ellengard -> RE: inserting mail merge fields in TPS 3.0 (12/9/2012 5:23:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BAM
... the program knew when to include a field, like a spouse, and when not to leave the space or include an unneeded "and" when there was no spouse. Is there any way to accomplish the same thing with TPS 3 lables?

In your Address Book, whenever there is a spouse, include it in the First Name field.
e.g. First Name: Dick and Jane

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4